ok i have an HQL why do i have to fill out all the paper work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    And honestly the HQL isn't even the worst of it.

A valid CCW holder can carry a gun into the store and STILL have to wait. They are already legally armed.

Most of us have a safe loaded with handguns and rifles...YET still have to wait.

If common sense didn't flow before the HQL it wasn't going to start when it passed.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    let's wait until the lawsuit going after the whole thing is finished first, befire starting another lawsuit to modify it.

the inconsistencies and redundancies are good for the first lawsuit.

The current lawsuit for the AWB and magazine capacity limit.

The HQL is being looked at from several different angles, for a lawsuit.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I was aware of the AWB/mag. claim. I think there are several actionable ways to launch a challenge to the HQL.

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    For people that already own regulated firearms, the 7 day wait is senseless. I already have a pile of AR15s, AK47s, and handguns in all calibers at home. Not to mention a cash and carry AR10. If you think imma do something stupid with the new gun I'm buying, you're not holding me up by making me wait.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I recently made my first non-C&R purchase since the new law and thought the same thing as the OP. Even Kafka couldn't make this up. It does mean vets don't need to show a dd214 anymore but otherwise it makes nothing better, easier, or safer.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Think of it like a doctor's waiting room. You wait in the big room to get in the little room where you wait longer. The HQL is the background check that lets you get the background check.

According to Vinny the douche this has already saved lives! Hundreds if not thousands of lives have been saved because this was the only thing standing between a criminal and a gun through a straw purchase. Just ignore the high crime and murder rate in Baltimore and the latest shooting in Freetown. Those guns must have been purchased in a state with less stringent gun control laws. Once they adopt laws similar to Maryland's, all gun violence will cease to exist.

Mr H

Banana'd
    These are all things that could easily be proposed in the next GA session.

I suggest that anyone with a sensible idea, go ahead and summarize it, and submit it to MSI (by email) to run through the mill.

No guarantees, of course, but good ideas are always welcomed.

It's our state... why shouldn't we have a say?!

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    These are all things that could easily be proposed in the next GA session.

I suggest that anyone with a sensible idea, go ahead and summarize it, and submit it to MSI (by email) to run through the mill.

No guarantees, of course, but good ideas are always welcomed.

It's our state... why shouldn't we have a say?!

We collectively failed to elect 2 Pro 2A delegates and in their place added two more gun grabbing liberals. People actually think they'll see something different with Hogan. When they don't, they'll go back to a dem governor. People are too stupid to vote.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We collectively failed to elect 2 Pro 2A delegates and in their place added two more gun grabbing liberals. People actually think they'll see something different with Hogan. When they don't, they'll go back to a dem governor. People are too stupid to vote.

Hush! You'll wake them up from their happily ever after dream

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I could originally see the cooling off period for the first pistol but having to go through the period after jumping through all the hoops for HQL doesn't make sense. Also what about the MD designated collector should exempt you as well IMHO.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I could originally see the cooling off period for the first pistol but having to go through the period after jumping through all the hoops for HQL doesn't make sense. Also what about the MD designated collector should exempt you as well IMHO.

You are asking law and logic to intersect: ERROR! ERROR! Does not compute!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Yea, but after the HQL BG check, all an FFL should need to do is call NICS, then hand the gun over. No waiting period, no 77R, just a 4473.

Agree 100%. But MSP in their infinite wisdom thinks they do a better back ground check than NICS. Maybe Hogan will help us, but I'm not counting on it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

And what about an armed and uniformed LEO who buys a gun and has to wait 8 days? None of it makes any sense.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Agree 100%. But MSP in their infinite wisdom thinks they do a better back ground check than NICS. Maybe Hogan will help us, but I'm not counting on it.

I'll be honest. I don't believe that Hogan has a chance in hell to fix this state. I also have very little faith in him doing anything for firearms owners in this state. The best we could hope for is to have the tax situation get better for us. I hold very little hope of seeing G&S being relaxed during his administration. The only way MD will ever see the common man see the ability to CCW, is if National Right to Carry passes, and out of state residents with a CCW decide to visit MD.

Hogan has a difficult road ahead, but it isn't going to be easy, since the Democratic machine in MD will not allow him to do anything we need him to do. He is tied up by a very specific design. The MD Democratic machine is only giving us the illusion of being able to make the changes we want and need, by allowing a Republican to be elected in MD. The only way that we can return this state to an even keel is to get all incumbents out of the statehouse. In addition to that we also need to set term limits and put the Democratic machine in it's coffin and bury it, but electing people that will adhere to the MDC and COTUS. Until then, I'm afraid we are just pissing in the wind.

I am going to fight till the day I leave, and I will keep fighting after I leave. I want this crap to stop and I want my son to be able to grow up in a world that is better than the one I am in right now.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Many non-firearm owning citizens are genuinely frightened of the prospect of someone owning a whole closet full of guns and ammo, and people on various public forums discussing how many firearms they own does not help that perception. What I keep legally in the privcy of my own home is nobody's business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom