• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I bought the grandkids a BB gun looks like a S&W M&P. Since we live in an urban setting, it stays in the safe when not it use and when its in use I'm there with the kids. Life is not like it was when I was kid and I'm taking chances with the grandkids.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    My son had multiple air soft pistols. Laid side by side, from 5 feet away you could not tell them from the real thing. He had one that was CO2 powered that even was close in weight.

He only ever used them in our backyard. We instilled the message in him day 1 that it was quite possible a concerned neighbor might call the police. Warned him every time he took it out that if a cop came in the yard and asked him to put it down, he should put it down. No if's, and's or but's.

There is no substitute in life for good parenting. Kids can many times be as stupid as a bag of rocks.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    When I was a teen I was shooting BB guns with my brother in the woods near my house. One was very realistic looking the other somewhat.
    Someone called the cops. As soon as we saw the police officer we dropped the guns. No running, no arguing, no questions. He hadn't even opened his mouth yet. Somehow we managed to not get shot.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    According to some of the people attacking police for shooting the 13 year old, I should be able to walk down the street holding this. Think the police will take my word that it's just a BB Gun?

View attachment 176618

Last edited:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I wish they wouldn't make faithful replicas. Kids don't know any better and in some cases is setting them up...it certainly doesn't help that the parents/guardians should know better, but don't use common sense. I have confiscated one of these and if it weren't for the orange nub, there was no way of knowing if it was fake regardless of distance.

Disclaimer: not part of the ban things club because I don't like something or because people make poor choices. Feel bad for the kids that get caught up unintentionally.

I am quite glad they make exact replicas, your not allowed to buy one unless your 18+. I play airsoft, and its nice having everything exactly the same between my airsoft and my real steel. Even if it was not exactly the same, it wouldn't make a bit of difference. If it looks like a gun, it gets treated as a gun until it can be positively identified as not one.

20160215_171613.jpg

Quick, which one is real? To late, your dead.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    150 yds away?!? Omg!

acebf58c02e6cbb4001ab5459126d2c0.jpg

150 yards has to be an error. Not even 150 feet is reliable.

Heard this morning on WCBM news the cops told him to stop, he took off and ran about 150 yards with the police in pursuit, not that they were 150 yards apart. When they caught up with him, they told him several times to drop it, and he did the typical stupid thing and turned it towards them.

That tweet or whatever is BS the way it's written. It makes it sound like the kid ran and the cops stood there...took their time, and shot him in the back. I hate the press. Sloppy reporting or bias - either way it's W R O N G!

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just heard the commish on C4 whining about how easy it is to buy one of these bb guns online and have it delivered a few days later.

Maybe we should have a BBGQL. <-- that might cause some bathroom use confusion, though. ;)

Edit - C4 is going off on the bb guns as well, but is making a good point - kids shouldn't treat these as "toys."

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Just heard the commish on C4 whining about how easy it is to buy one of these bb guns online and have it delivered a few days later.

Maybe we should have a BBGQL. <-- that might cause some bathroom use confusion, though. ;)

Edit - C4 is going off on the bb guns as well, but is making a good point - kids shouldn't treat these as "toys."

It is all the fault of the MGA since they have made it so difficult and expensive for inner city, juvenile welfare thugs to get a real handgun.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I am quite glad they make exact replicas, your not allowed to buy one unless your 18+. I play airsoft, and its nice having everything exactly the same between my airsoft and my real steel. Even if it was not exactly the same, it wouldn't make a bit of difference. If it looks like a gun, it gets treated as a gun until it can be positively identified as not one.

20160215_171613.jpg

Quick, which one is real? To late, your dead.

So you removed the orange tip on your Airsoft gun?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So you removed the orange tip on your Airsoft gun?

Depending on the manufacturer, airsoft firearms don't have orange tips, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TOYS.

Those that are meant to be used as toys have an orange tip.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Depending on the manufacturer, airlift firearms don't have orange tips, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TOYS.

Those that are meant to be used as toys have an orange tip.

Then why does my Airsoft handgun have an orange tip? I'm sure it could kill something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom