• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    My card came in, I promptly puked. :) Not real happy about being tagged with a political party. Always been an independent, like the idea that I can be conservative and liberal at the same time depending on what the issue is.

Hopefully when election time comes around, voting in the primary will make a difference...

Come join us and lose a few pounds during the purge :D

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    My card came in, I promptly puked. :) Not real happy about being tagged with a political party. Always been an independent, like the idea that I can be conservative and liberal at the same time depending on what the issue is.

Hopefully when election time comes around, voting in the primary will make a difference...

that feeling will wear off, still the hardest thing is to get out of bed in the morning , figure I am owed a free ride for a bit :D

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    that feeling will wear off, still the hardest thing is to get out of bed in the morning , figure I am owed a free ride for a bit :D

I'm wearing my Orange "PRO-GUN DEMOCRAT" t-shirt as I type this.

My new DINO card should come next week.

Working on my "Ask Me About My DINO" t-shirt.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    You and me both brother.

I'm still showering more than ever. :)

Good news is that when I say I'm a dem now, many more politicians are paying attention.

I sincerely believe that the easiest and most significant thing we (lawful gun owners) can do right before the next election is vote in the Primaries.

Not sure about you, but I've never voted in the primaries before.

Now we can make a difference.

bmoranmd10

Feb 11, 2013
    Howard County

How long is it taking folks to receive their new cards? I updated my party affiliation in February and have yet to receive my new card. My information is updated online.

FWIW, I submitted for my Maryland Collector's status the same week, and received my confirmation letter in about 3 weeks. Booya!!! Funny it is taking so long to get my DINO card. :)

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Congratulations on joining the club. But I let people know that after we finish changing the Dems where we can and screwing them up where we can't, the Republican Leisure Class is the next target. This is the long war.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    I'm registered Republican.

Haven't really followed this DINO talk.

From what I have gathered: this is a ploy to work from the inside out? Hopefully vote in some Dems that are sympathetic to our plight?

Seems like something that I should get in on.

What are the drawbacks to working this way?

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

From what I have gathered: this is a ploy to work from the inside out? Hopefully vote in some Dems that are sympathetic to our plight?

Depends on your region from my take. Im a DINO because I live in Howard County. I need the chance to vote in the Democrat primary to help steer that.

In the main election you are free. The draw back I see if you are in a Republican County you cant do that primary. So switching do so as an informed choice.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Please forgive my ignorance, but, what is a DINO???

Democrat in name only. Republican and independent voters in Maryland who register as Democrats so they can vote in the primaries because in many legislative districts and in statewide races, that's often the only election that matters.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Democrat in name only. Republican and independent voters in Maryland who register as Democrats so they can vote in the primaries because in many legislative districts and in statewide races, that's often the only election that matters.
    Thanks! I might have to do that myself. In fact, every repub. should.

The drawback is maryland is a closed primary state meaning if you're a Republican in this vastly overwhelmingly liberal democrap state your vote means nothing because of the closed primary. So yeah we're making the switch to DINOs to have a say and to have a vote that really matters now (I made the switch months ago). Make the switch let your vote be heard, nothing a lot of showers and a lot of soap can't fix...lol. There's really no drawback hiding in plain sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom