• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattjtowne

NRA Life supporter
    Feb 10, 2013
    thanks

I just want to Thank everyone for spending their time for the rest of us that couldn't attend.

Lt gov Anthony Brown just stated there was over 2000 supporters of the bill at the rally on channel 11 news. They continue to increase the number...

When asked what he thought would pass he stated the 4 hour required training and the finger printing..

Thanks again !!!!!!!!

kabk

Mar 2, 2013
    My email to Erin Cox:

Your total lack of objectivity towards the opposition to HB294 in Annapolis yesterday is quite shameful, yet suits you well for a position with the Sun. I find it deplorable that a major news outlet can simply ignore the truth in order to support an extremely unpopular bill that has virtually no public support.

For your information, 1307 citizens testified against the bill, while only 32 supported it. That is a 40:1 ratio. Many more people signed up to oppose this bill, however were unable to remain throughout the night. Testimony ended at 3:45 this morning. These aren't just conjured up numbers, such as the "85% of Marylanders" who your cronies at the Washington Post claim "support this bill". My numbers are based on FACT; feel free to look them up.

You really need to look yourself in the mirror and decide if you have the integrity to be a professional journalist, or if you are going to remain a pathetic shill for the Sun, being used by them in order to further their slanted and biased agenda.

Her response:

Dave,

I've received several emails from frustrated bill opponents about the crowd count. State House officials estimated to crowd be 1,000 people at the rally, and the precise spilt of opponents/proponents signed up to testify was not available before my 6:30 pm deadline. We've updated the online version to reflect the opposition in testimony was overwhelming.

I hope this additional information explains why the article appeared in print as it did. Thanks for reading.

Best,
    Erin

Hmmm....it's the state's fault, of course. We know how objective they are. And forget being nice to these so-called journalists. They can't screw us any harder than they already have.

You know what else bugs me about her article (and many others I've read)? The claim that there were 1,000 people at the gun control rally. Here's an overhead view I found of it(http://www.wboc.com/story/21437804/gun-control-bill-draws-large-crowds-to-annapolis). That looks much more like the 200-300 that many here have stated.

Attachments

• antigunrally.jpg
      antigunrally.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 376

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I can't tell you how proud I am of all of you that stayed to testify. God Bless everyone that participated in this effort, including those that made calls, sent emails, and dontated to the cause. Termendous effort one and all.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Mudd-Kat

Mar 3, 2013
    I would like to thank everybody that testified and made a showing. I listened to some of the testimony for the house and the senate. Im glad that the house was mich more accomidating than the senate and I hope that they will take all of the testimony into consideration. I've been following everything on mdshooters for 2 months as a guest and decided it was time to become a member. Keep up the good work and I'm going to continue to do what I can. Thank you everybody.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    So what was the outcome of Friday?

My take?
    We were much more welcomed and respected by the House than the Senate. The Delegates were asking a lot of questions, more towards trying to get clarification and learning about the various weapons and features IMHO. The fact of MD not prosecuting felons fully kept coming up, over and over again, and was brought into the light, instead of being swept under the rug. I felt as though we had more friends there.

MH

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I liked that one very assertive pro-2A attorney who testified. He made a point of not calling a firearm a weapon. He also had a few questions from the delegates.

I cringed whenever someone begged for this bill not to pass. It made us look like the underdogs in this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My take?
    We were much more welcomed and respected by the House than the Senate. The Delegates were asking a lot of questions, more towards trying to get clarification and learning about the various weapons and features IMHO. The fact of MD not prosecuting felons fully kept coming up, over and over again, and was brought into the light, instead of being swept under the rug. I felt as though we had more friends there.

MH

:thumbsup: Agreed.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I agree with all of this. I would also add that I spent 5.5 hours standing in line at the Senate to sign the ONE paper book that they had, and I was required to sign multiple times, once for each bill. At the House, there were around a dozen laptops being manned to sign us in. I submitted written testimony first, then waited minutes in line. I got number 817-A; I was not able to stay until I was called, but I WOULD HAVE been heard. At the Senate committee hearing, we all knew very early on that we were waiting in line to NOT be heard. That is a big difference.

I loved the fact that so many citizens offered their facilities to the Delegates to get hands-on experience regarding the features described in the legislation. I really hope that someone is following up with them. Think about it this way: This bill would require us to spend 16 hours in training to become familiar enough with a firearm to defend out lives with it. Shouldn't a Delegate spend at least that much time familiarizing themselves with firearms that they are being asked to ban? Seems to me that, with their typical workload, they wouldn't have ample time for such due diligence, and they'd be forced to table the bill until such time that they understand the details enough to deliberate on it.

Last edited:

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I had more to my point but was kind of nervous and the minute went quick. I still ran over, but wanted to get more in. I said it was nice discussing things without a pompous court jester like Brian Frosh in the senate. I meant to point out how he cracked jokes and lied/manufactured "facts" when he was put on the spot and how things felt much more professional and the process felt like it was treated with a more appropriate level of honor and respect in the House.

I also went into how they can already track "straw purchases" through several ways. I pointed to the social security number, drivers license number, and the firearms training safety number. All are unique to ONE PERSON, just like fingerprints. Several people on the side FOR this bill stated that fingerprints would stop straw purchases, but also stated that they couldn't prosecute most cases they'd like to now because of Mens Rea, which is latin for "guilty mind." Basically it means that they, by their own admission, cannot prove right now that people who they suspect of straw purchasing willfully and intentionally committed a crime. They already know WHO is doing it through their name, social security number and everything else listed. Fingerprints are just another identifying factor that can lead them to a person they suspect. Fingerprints will not help them prove "Mens Rea" anymore than they would help them guess a number the suspect is thinking at a specific point in time. A physical identifier will never be able to prove that somebody mentally made a decision to knowingly commit a straw purchase.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Buck Cutter

Jun 18, 2012
    Glenwood / Glenelg 21738
    After hearing sound bites on the news this morning hearing about how the majority of Marylanders want Gun control.......and having spent the best part of two days in Annapolis this month, I'm convinced that I must be living in a parallel universe or something. I've been fighting this SHIp since I got out of the Army in 1968 and the only thing that has changed is that they can say anything and get away with it and keep a straight face.
    I don't think there is more that can be said that hasn't been said and I am convinced that anyone who votes for this bill can never again say they represent the people.
    I have totally lost respect for the Governor and the Lt. Governor.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    That is a great point on straw purchases, I had the same idea when listening to the testimonies just couldn't put it into words.:thumbsup:

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    After hearing sound bites on the news this morning hearing about how the majority of Marylanders want Gun control.......and having spent the best part of two days in Annapolis this month, I'm convinced that I must be living in a parallel universe or something.

Many people mentioned the "silent majority" and how they were nowhere to be found. Had I been able to hold out long enough to testify, I was going to say, "For being a majority, they must hide like Bin Laden because they sure are hard to find."

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just watch the video again... this is what make me proud of Maryland.. people standing up for their rights. :)

teebarb

Jul 24, 2012
    Fantastic! That was a big finish. Thank you last speaker, that was great.

You are welcome! Not over yet my fellow patriots...Don't stop writing and calling. BTW thanks to all the patriots who went before me and "covered them up" with facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom