• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Been saving up for awhile in time for this weekend, bought 3 new guns (all 3 I’ve wanted since last BF)
    Picked up a Olight S1r baton
    And this Aero upper (“door buster” pictured)
    Sb PDW brace
    Random stuff for a CZ Scorpion

Still looking for a Aero M5E1 Lower $65 Deal sold out :/

On the fence with..
    Omega 9k
    Hawke Scope
    Polymer80 frame
    10/22 bull barrel and boyd or magpul stock

Aero stuff is good. I went low buck with the below posted a few pages back. Its sort of a odd duck combo of parts but its complete and tested and I see a great light weight build on a pre FSA lower I have.

attachment.php

Im on the fence on a Wolf Grendel set-up. JG has them on sale (not hugely discounted) but doesn't have free shipping. Not exactly a door buster but a good price and a fine use of a post FSA lower.

http://www.jgsales.com/wolf-wpa-m4-...th-bcg-and-charging-handle,-new.-p-94750.html

Leaning towards the CZ50s or the CZ527.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I saw that aero upper, was interested but backed off at the end :/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Trust me I paced around all day deciding if I should buy it or not..damn near waited to the last minute hoping it would sell out before I found my wallet..

This is a great deal too, another one I paced back and forth on all day long. Probably get my first gray hairs tomorrow morning

$499 for both shipped!

Attachments

• 1BE462CA-ACDE-443B-852D-020D34E89C0D.jpeg
      1BE462CA-ACDE-443B-852D-020D34E89C0D.jpeg
      24 KB · Views: 456

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I was hoping to get some .30-06 for my M1 but didn't find any on sale. I'll just wait until I get some over time in December before Christmas then use that money to buy some mail order from Target Sports.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They have a really awesome action, only downsides is the 90 degree throw on the bolt handle ala Mauser. Makes scope choices hard.
    I've talked myself out of one (and mind you, I have three CZ rifles and would like a 452 American in the future). First, there has been an occasional cracked walnut stock issue with the 527 chambering 7.62x39. Second, and more importantly to me, unless shopping for the synthetic stock version of the 527, one doesn't get a threaded barrel. Third, there are likely limited options for scope rings. Although it probably doesn't have the accuracy of the 527, I think that I'm going to stick with my future plan of getting the Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39. Comes with a threaded barrel, and the rifle can be found for a little over $400.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    Seems like there are plenty of good deals on optics this year.... But....Ive been shopping for an ELCAN SpecterOS4x Saw one a couple of years ago on sale. If anyone comes across a deal i sure would love to hear about it. Will keep trying.

Deal i saw was mid 900s. Best i can find now is 1250....

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I've talked myself out of one (and mind you, I have three CZ rifles and would like a 452 American in the future). First, there has been an occasional cracked walnut stock issue with the 527 chambering 7.62x39. Second, and more importantly to me, unless shopping for the synthetic stock version of the 527, one doesn't get a threaded barrel. Third, there are likely limited options for scope rings. Although it probably doesn't have the accuracy of the 527, I think that I'm going to stick with my future plan of getting the Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39. Comes with a threaded barrel, and the rifle can be found for a little over $400.

Im curious about the stock cracking issue? One of the real attributes of these CZs in addition to having sights and their compact/light weight size is their typically very nice wood stocks. They suffer when you need to start thinking about optics, 7.62*39 in a compact form really shines as a field rifle great for anything out to 150.

I was tempted but am holding off, really happy with my Rem 798 in the same caliber for range work and have a few higher priorities.

Well see why Cyber Monday brings!

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    Im on the fence on a Wolf Grendel set-up. JG has them on sale (not hugely discounted) but doesn't have free shipping. Not exactly a door buster but a good price and a fine use of a post FSA lower.

http://www.jgsales.com/wolf-wpa-m4-...th-bcg-and-charging-handle,-new.-p-94750.html

Leaning towards the CZ50s or the CZ527.

I thought about getting one of those since Wolf ammo for these is cheap and to have a different caliber to play with, but then realized that I didn't really have a need for one, 5.56 was enough for plinking on the range, and magazines are more difficult to find.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Im curious about the stock cracking issue? One of the real attributes of these CZs in addition to having sights and their compact/light weight size is their typically very nice wood stocks. They suffer when you need to start thinking about optics, 7.62*39 in a compact form really shines as a field rifle great for anything out to 150.

I was tempted but am holding off, really happy with my Rem 798 in the same caliber for range work and have a few higher priorities.

Well see why Cyber Monday brings!
    I read about it on Rimfire Central, didn't believe it, then Googled this ...

cz 527 7.62x39 cracked stock

And you'll get a couple of YouTube videos and discussion threads. No idea if it's just a handful of people, but in the Rimfire Central thread they noted that CZ had made changes in how the rifle was bedded to possibly lessen the issue.

Irrespective, for me at least, the Ruger American has the features that make it more immediately useful and is appealing because it's less expensive.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Now this is tempting

I’ll have you know you just made me part with $550!!

So glad you posted this, only time l have ever seen the Varmint (bull barrel) with threaded barrels is the Limited Edition Silencerco I drooled over all summer but could not come to spend over $1300 on a single rimfire rifle that came with a basic vortex scope. It was a dealer exclusive thru Kentucky Gun Co

Fyi they have 50 left and it’s free shipping to your FFL

Attachments

• 5A39F7C8-F171-4A6B-A461-4B9EACFD9427.jpg
      5A39F7C8-F171-4A6B-A461-4B9EACFD9427.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 423

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

So glad you posted this, only time l have ever seen the Varmint (bull barrel) with threaded barrels is the Limited Edition Silencerco I drooled over all summer but could not come to spend over $1300 on a single rimfire rifle that came with a basic vortex scope. It was a dealer exclusive thru Kentucky Gun Co

Sweet man, post some pics so I can be jelly. I want that rifle badly but am going to hold tight for now (and prolly regret it).

rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    Ordered yesterday, got confirmation email stating shipping will take 2-3 months.

RIP...

Mine says 1-3 days. I am in no hurry so 2-3 months won't kill me if that is the case. My gun projects typically take a while any ways.
    Waited 3 years for a rifle stock so couple months is easy. :D

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    In the next couple of days, today and tomorrow, I'll be looking for a nice rifle gun cleaning kit (brushes and a rod) for all the popular semi auto calibers like 7.62X39, .556, 300 blk, 30 cal., etc. If the kit has .22 cal. too, then all the better. In a word, a nice cleaning kit with a rod and all the brushes.
    If you see anything in your travels that looks like a good deal, I'd appreciate your letting me know about it. Appreciated!
    Thanks!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I have an older CZ 452 Varmint that I had Duffy's thread a couple years ago. You cant go wrong with this. A tack driver.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I'll see if I can last the day without getting this package too. Great barrel length for 22 LR, and bull too. If the second barrel was 22 WMR, I would have got when Kentucky Gun sent out their Black Friday mailer.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I'll see if I can last the day without getting this package too. Great barrel length for 22 LR, and bull too. If the second barrel was 22 WMR, I would have got when Kentucky Gun sent out their Black Friday mailer.

If you can swing it I would jump on it honestly..

Found out it’s actually the same CZ/Silencerco edition (oil rub stock with laser engraved Silencerco logo not sure if the barrels are serialized to the action as well) but without the vortex/CZ rings, SiCo sparrow can, and CZ/SiCo gun bag. (Which is sold out now). Kentucky Gun Co had CZ do another run without the add-on’s (due to popular demand) and not sure they will do another run after this but who knows

Also the ad is incorrect they are not 20.5” barrels they are actually 17” which I much preferred since a suppressor will add another 5” of length, a 20.5” barrel would be my preferred if I was not going to suppress it, but then again I would not be buying this model anyhow

I called CZ USA asking why they offer the nice walnut stock Varmint (bull barrel) in Europe with a threaded barrel but not here stateside. They said there is not enough demand here (yet they make the tactical threaded?? Lol). Rep said they had no plans to make a walnut variant with a bull barrel come threaded.

I plan on using the 17hmr barrel mostly as I’m already building a 10/22 this winter. I just like having the option of the .22 barrel to swap at anytime. I’ll order the DIP pic rail and a Hawk scope sometime today and wait for the Silencer Shop cyber Monday sale where they hinted about various discounted rimfire cans and then I’m permanently hiding my wallet

Here’s a video showing the actual model for the BF sale it’s around the half way mark
    https://youtu.be/0ap_v9dXQdI

Couple cool videos of the packaged version

https://youtu.be/3Ek-HK8uSkk

https://youtu.be/GHKe-ThR8Fk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom