• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Long story, short...

- Take my little boy in for his 9 month checkup
    - Doctor asks general questions regarding the child's health and exposure to health risks.
    - Such as....
    --> Has the child had any previous medical issues? No
    --> Does anyone in the home smoke? No
    --> Does the child stay at home, or in day care? At home
    --> Are there any guns in the house? Uhhh, yeah
    --> Are they locked up? Of course

What the hell? Im not seeing how my gun ownership has any relevance to my little boy's wellness checkup. Nor do I see that my gun ownership is any of this doctor's business. Or anyone's business outside of my home, for that matter.

Weird stuff here in Maryland.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It's part of their plan to create a database of all gun owners, so when Chinese troops are sent in under U.N. auspices to "help" the USA (after a major crisis), they can efficiently confiscate everyone's guns and identify potential "troublemakers". I read it on tha interwebs, so it's true.

edit:

Oh, and jokes aside, you're right - it is none of their damned business.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    With the huge "health" database being created, all answers to these type of questions will definitely be easy to share....
    If I EVER get asked about guns in my home in some survey my answer will always be NUNYA.
    As is NUNYA GODDERN BUSINESS!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Of course when I took my oldest in for her first checkup me and the pediatrician realized we knew each other from somewhere after a few minutes we realized it was the range.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

yeah, lotta threads on this one.

Summary
    - none of their business
    - just say no
    - There are a few stupid gun owners who may not know to keep loaded guns away from children too small to know how to safely handle, so what's the harm
    - Gov conspiracy
    - AMA conspiracy
    - the docs don't really care about your guns, so say no if it bothers you
    n

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    It's part of their plan to create a database of all gun owners, so when Chinese troops are sent in under U.N. auspices to "help" the USA (after a major crisis), they can efficiently confiscate everyone's guns and identify potential "troublemakers". I read it on tha interwebs, so it's true.

edit:

Oh, and jokes aside, you're right - it is none of their damned business.
    I don't know where you come from, but where I come from Blue Helmets [edit: in that capacity with which you speak] = targets.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    With the huge "health" database being created, all answers to these type of questions will definitely be easy to share....
    If I EVER get asked about guns in my home in some survey my answer will always be NUNYA.
    As is NUNYA GODDERN BUSINESS!
    Yeah, and a reply of nunnya will get you the "problem patient list." Wonder if Elaine ever got off that list.

Seriously, I agree, it is none of their biz if I own guns or not. That said, I will tell them "no." I don't want to end up in a database for medical records and then being a shipping list for a criminal.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This seems to be a pretty common question on medical forms as this has been discussed here several times.

It's not like your swearing the form to be true or anything, just check no.

If it's the form I'm thinking of, it also asks if you are afraid to go home to your significant other.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    This seems to be a pretty common question on medical forms as this has been discussed here several times.

If it's the form I'm thinking of, it also asks if you are afraid to go home to your significant other.

Is it PMS week again already?????????!!!!!!

That might greatly effect my answer.

Splitter

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Is it a volunteer program to report to the MSP on a "No, the gun is not locked." answer? Secured guns are required in MD if a child is under a certain age or no Hunter Safety course. Don't say it can't happen. Look at the ammo log.

There is just such an anti-gun sentiment in MD, it makes you wonder what kind of sneaky, backdoor dealings go on in Annapolis.

Just trying this new tin-foil hat on for size tonight. It doesn't look good on me at all. Think I'll take it off now.:tinfoil:

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Honestly WHO CARES!
    Don't answer if you don't want to...

The search option on this site works great you may want to use it.....

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Honestly WHO CARES!
    Don't answer if you don't want to...

The search option on this site works great you may want to use it.....

I had no need to search for anything, and I had no questions needing answered. I simply chose comment about my day. If you dont like that, well thats not my problem. Try not to get your vagina in a bunch over some internet nonsense.

Dead horse, point taken.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    I had no need to search for anything, and I had no questions needing answered. I simply chose comment about my day. If you dont like that, well thats not my problem. Try not to get your vagina in a bunch over some internet nonsense.Dead horse, point taken.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

When did the AMA decide that, in addition to being our doctors, they want to be our mommies and daddies too?

The arrogance in assuming such a role only reveals a condescending attitude towards their patients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom