• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Went out today, but on public land. As I got in place I heard a deer grunt/snort to the north but couldn't get a visual.

Two other hunters, neither of which were wearing orange, stroll by making more noise than frat boys doing a bar crawl.
    1 other sees my position and sets up within visual range.

The one who set up near me has the nads to get up an leave during the last half hour of daylight.

I need to find more time during the summer to scout more private land.

Lot's of shooting, but no one taking out deer.

Speaking of AHOLES in the woods. I had a local next to private land walk up and the road beating on a trash can lid to drive me out. Didn't work. Then he would drive up and down the near by roads at 5 mph honking his horn to drive me out. That didn't work. Stopped at the local police station to file a report with his address and what he was doing. I was told that one it's against the law to drive that slow and two it's against the law to use your horn in a non emergency situation and three the cop was a deer hunter who hated woodland aholes too. That was five years ago and haven't had a problem since.

IH8AHOLES in the woods.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Speaking of AHOLES in the woods. I had a local next to private land walk up and the road beating on a trash can lid to drive me out. Didn't work. Then he would drive up and down the near by roads at 5 mph honking his horn to drive me out. That didn't work. Stopped at the local police station to file a report with his address and what he was doing. I was told that one it's against the law to drive that slow and two it's against the law to use your horn in a non emergency situation and three the cop was a deer hunter who hated woodland aholes too. That was five years ago and haven't had a problem since.

IH8AHOLES in the woods.

Call DNR on the PETA people. It is illegal to harass someone that is legally hunting. They can have some fun with them then.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    NANO-MOOSE DOWN !!!!

( yet another dorky buck from the farm )

My gun is almost as big as this 6 Pointer I got this afternoon. No meat to share on this one LOL I can throw the whole damned Deer on the grill. I have dubbed this Buck "Nano Moose" Once again I can only seem to get Bucks during a Full Moon. This is a very small Deer with 6 points. I bet he didn't weigh 50 pounds dressed. I mean it is a 6 point midget.

You should have seen me driving around the field trying to find this little bastard. He went all about 40 yards and fell over like a rock. By the time I got to the truck and drove back to where he fell I lost him in a wide open field... yep.

The Wheat on the field has been cut and is laying flat and his hair is the same color as the dried grass. This Buck decided to cover himself up with it. If it were not for the glare of one eye sticking out I would have never found this rascal. I laughed and said to myself, "Stop looking for and just wait to feel a speed bump in this flat ass field."

I took him at 6:35 PM at about 30 yards with my CVA Optima pistol. This is my first Deer, and only second official hunt, with the new pistol and this gun is one bad sum'bitch.

I was watching the field to my right, which is the photo with the two downward tree branches and my video camera in the picture. I looked off to my left from the left side ground blind window and next thing I know here comes this deer running up the field toward me. The closer he got, the more directly, he was coming to me. I'm telling you this buck had a death wish.

Anyway, the new CVA Optima pistol is one impressive pistol and I can't wait to get back out there with it.

The photo I added is of the entry wound. I love it when you pull the trigger and the bullet hits right where you aim. Damn accurate gun. I impressed myself with my shooting since this is the first time I have pulled the trigger on a live animal with it. Cudos to my ethical kill. My cast bullet simply shredded the inside.

Attachments

• 1017131752.jpg
      1017131752.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 222
    • 1017131752a.jpg
      1017131752a.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 226
    • 1018131938.jpg
      1018131938.jpg
      26.7 KB · Views: 218
    • 1018131940.jpg
      1018131940.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 221
    • 1018131940a.jpg
      1018131940a.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 223
    • entry wound.jpg
      entry wound.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 227

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    He is a little bugger! But very cool to take one with a BP pistol and your own cast bullet. Nice job and good shooting. Like my buddy says "Them lil ones is good eatin"

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

IH8AHOLES in the woods.
    ridiculous....:sad20: not as bad as having an idiot walk into an OPEN field trying to shoot a deer:sad20: then the idiot doesn't understand why the took off into the woods...:sad20: I gave up trying to teach this "kid" 18-19yrs old...so now he's just the local idiot that deer laugh at...:lol2:
    got lucky this am dressed out at 180 my biggest bodied deer ever

wow looks like a old buck...definitely a weak rack but its meat in the freezer!!

NANO-MOOSE DOWN !!!!

( yet another dorky buck from the farm )

My gun is almost as big as this 6 Pointer I got this afternoon. No meat to share on this one LOL I can throw the whole damned Deer on the grill. I have dubbed this Buck "Nano Moose" Once again I can only seem to get Bucks during a Full Moon. This is a very small Deer with 6 points. I bet he didn't weigh 50 pounds dressed. I mean it is a 6 point midget.

You should have seen me driving around the field trying to find this little bastard. He went all about 40 yards and fell over like a rock. By the time I got to the truck and drove back to where he fell I lost him in a wide open field... yep.

The Wheat on the field has been cut and is laying flat and his hair is the same color as the dried grass. This Buck decided to cover himself up with it. If it were not for the glare of one eye sticking out I would have never found this rascal. I laughed and said to myself, "Stop looking for and just wait to feel a speed bump in this flat ass field."

I took him at 6:35 PM at about 30 yards with my CVA Optima pistol. This is my first Deer, and only second official hunt, with the new pistol and this gun is one bad sum'bitch.

I was watching the field to my right, which is the photo with the two downward tree branches and my video camera in the picture. I looked off to my left from the left side ground blind window and next thing I know here comes this deer running up the field toward me. The closer he got, the more directly, he was coming to me. I'm telling you this buck had a death wish.

Anyway, the new CVA Optima pistol is one impressive pistol and I can't wait to get back out there with it.

The photo I added is of the entry wound. I love it when you pull the trigger and the bullet hits right where you aim. Damn accurate gun. I impressed myself with my shooting since this is the first time I have pulled the trigger on a live animal with it. Cudos to my ethical kill. My cast bullet simply shredded the inside.

Glad to see your pistol has shed deer blood!! Are you sure you don't have a nuclear power plant near by?? or sitkas? looks like a half Sitka half whitetail...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    He is a little bugger! But very cool to take one with a BP pistol and your own cast bullet. Nice job and good shooting. Like my buddy says "Them lil ones is good eatin"

LOL I busted up laughing right in the middle of the field when I grabbed him to pull him out from the grass he kicked himself under. Having that flat, wide open, cut field of solid brown Wheat it's hard to judge size of anything because you have nothing but a dot on a solid background. I have never seen a buck this small with such tiny little antlers and for it to be a 6 pointer just totally blows my mind. Very interesting Deer.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Only saw a yearling on the way out. Heard some shots from neighboring areas. Today was a wash.

I saw one fawn about 5:30. He came out to the edge of the field and went right back in. When I went to get truck to come back and get my Deer off the field I ran 7-8 more off the field that were down in the bottom in front of my truck. There's a lot of Deer at the farm, but, it's getting them to come out close to where I am is the tricky part.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

I would love to had been able to retrieve the bullet, but, it passed through very nicely and is now part of the big field.

Now I am off to the garage to get this Deer out of the walk in and make some jerky. I'm going back out this afternoon to see if I can a couple Does in the freezer. I will be just inside the woods off the main field parked beside a tree somewhere setting on my trusty old black milk crate. I'm a no-frills hunter and all I need is a tree to lean back against and I'm good to go.

I've been watching the same 7-8 Deer come out of the same trail every single day for the past week, so, this evenings hunt should be a no-brainer. The problem is they come out so damned early, so, I will have to be extra early myself this afternoon.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    yesterday I didn't have much luck jumped up 2 doe on my way in and saw deer in the neighboring field I was at

this morning about 715 or so passed on small 8 point, I took a pic don't think you will be able to see much. Hoping the rest of the morning as a little better.

20131019_072234-1_zpsda2ec5ec.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I took another picture of this Bucks rack while I down at the garage butchering this morning. He posed much nicer and I used a digital camera and not my crap cell phone this time. I just wanted to have a better picture of this little rack.

I'll be back out this afternoon seeking some Does. Good luck to those of you get out on this last day.

Attachments

• DSC03231.JPG
      DSC03231.JPG
      53.5 KB · Views: 191
    • DSC03232.JPG
      DSC03232.JPG
      43.6 KB · Views: 200
    • DSC03234.JPG
      DSC03234.JPG
      40.9 KB · Views: 197

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    ATTN: WILCAM47 - THIS ONE IS FOR YOU SIR...

The Cool-Bot did its walk-in job very well last night. It stayed at 45 as programmed and didn't freeze up at all. Still worth the investment. The camera lens got a little foggy when trying to take the picture.

Attachments

• DSC03228.JPG
      DSC03228.JPG
      26.2 KB · Views: 194
    • DSC03229.JPG
      DSC03229.JPG
      26.3 KB · Views: 195

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Killed er... harvested this guy at 0810 hours this morning. Kicked my ass getting him out of the woods though....

vqnt7d.jpg

I got into my tree at about 0645 hours, sunup was at 0721 hours. Temperature was a perfect 45 degree's, no wind. Snuck in and I'm glad that I was stealthy; for unbeknownst to me... FOUR bucks had bedded around the area.

At about 0730 I saw movement and a nice 8 pointer started attacking a tree about 40 feet away; rubbing his antlers. Then another one got up, and then another... and another

Way too many branches, leaves and twigs between me and them... so I waited patiently and this nice, big bodied 5 pointer stepped out just enough. Then,... a tremendous thunderclap, copious amounts of rolling gray smoke; and he dropped like a sack of bricks; kicked a couple of times and was then still.

Found it interesting that when I was field dressing him; the muscles inside of his hams would still quiver; even though he was dead and had been dead for about half an hour; before I opened him up. Residue nerve activity.

It's about 60 degree's here now and too warm to let him hang in the backyard; so rather than skinning and deboning him myself; I elected to take him to the Deer processor up the street. Going to get one of his hams smoked, and some baloney made, the rest will be standard cut.

Finally got me some VENISON !!!! Woot!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The Cool-Bot did its walk-in job very well last night. It stayed at 45 as programmed and didn't freeze up at all. Still worth the investment. The camera lens got a little foggy when trying to take the picture.

Nice! We installed the cool bot on my friends cooler...its had my doe, and 1 big bull elk then couple days ago my friends son and grand kids killed 3 elk with a predation tags (1 cow elk, 1 yearling and a calf) the cool bot is working great!
    Killed er... harvested this guy at 0810 hours this morning. Kicked my ass getting him out of the woods though....

vqnt7d.jpg

I got into my tree at about 0645 hours, sunup was at 0721 hours. Temperature was a perfect 45 degree's, no wind. Snuck in and I'm glad that I was stealthy; for unbeknownst to me... FOUR bucks had bedded around the area.

At about 0730 I saw movement and a nice 8 pointer started attacking a tree about 40 feet away; rubbing his antlers. Then another one got up, and then another... and another

Way too many branches, leaves and twigs between me and them... so I waited patiently and this nice, big bodied 5 pointer stepped out just enough. Then,... a tremendous thunderclap, copious amounts of rolling gray smoke; and he dropped like a sack of bricks; kicked a couple of times and was then still.

Found it interesting that when I was field dressing him; the muscles inside of his hams would still quiver; even though he was dead and had been dead for about half an hour; before I opened him up. Residue nerve activity.

It's about 60 degree's here now and too warm to let him hang in the backyard; so rather than skinning and deboning him myself; I elected to take him to the Deer processor up the street. Going to get one of his hams smoked, and some baloney made, the rest will be standard cut.

Finally got me some VENISON !!!! Woot!

look like a nice bodied buck...seems like the bucks that have been posted here look like big bodied but not so much in the rack...did you guys have a dry summer?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Nice! We installed the cool bot on my friends cooler...its had my doe, and 1 big bull elk then couple days ago my friends son and grand kids killed 3 elk with a predation tags (1 cow elk, 1 yearling and a calf) the cool bot is working great!

Very good sir. I know it was working well last. While I was skinning my buck this morning my fingertips felt like I had mild frost bite. You know it was doing its job when you had to warm your fingertips.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    OK I'm out of here in 30 minutes. I'm going to see if I can take one of 8 Does with the Optima pistol this afternoon. Should be a nice quick hunt. Who knows I might get two. They come out early and I know exactly where they come out. Should be a very simply hunt. ( Yeah. Sure. In a perfect world )

<-------- That guy should have kept his mouth shut. He never seen a single Deer on the farm this afternoon. I saw three ...........Does on the way back home though.

Last edited:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Sitting in a ground blind I have two does in the thicket jyst teasing me. One of these bitchs needs to take
    A few steps more out into the field

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom