• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Recommendation for this show, is it worth the drive? Ever since idiotic PG County stopped the Silverado Gun Shows at the ShowPlace Arena, we have been missing the fun of going to shows. I see that this one is coming up this weekend, but before we drive all the way to Richmond I would appreciate any information fellow members can give on this show. Worth the drive?

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Went to the show today, I was in Richmond for the Celtic Festival and stopped by around 3:00.

Good show, not crowded at all, tons of guns including a slew of banned in Maryland firearms. Not a ton of ammo, but lots of accessories.

Don't expect Nations show in Chantilly, but still much better than anything in MD.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    We went ahead and drove to the show. Turned out not to be too bad. You are right, lots of new guns and some nice old guns. The James River Armory had two Rockola M-1 Carbines on display. Looked real nice. One dealer from western Virginia had a very large supply of Ruger rifles. Wound up taking home a beautiful 10-22 International. Have not seen one of those in person. The stock is so nice. They also had the new bolt action .22 Rugers. I will be putting one of those in the safe soon. Also had a stainless bolt gun chambered in .44 Magnum, wow, I did not know that was being built. Only drawback to the show was the food vendor. Only one and the people behind the counter could not move any slower, even worse than Chantilly. It was a good way to spend a rainy day.
    We also stopped by the Green Top and Bass Pro on the way home. If you have not been to the Green Top (formally the Gander Mt. store) it is a real treat. Guns right there, you can touchy, feely them. Real nice selection of used guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom