• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Go to west ocean shitty and around the inlet at night and you will see how bad it can be. Just because a small groups you know don’t complain ahoy the crime doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. If they stay in their neighborhood after dark and only go in the bad areas during the day, early morning and early evening they may not see it And because they don’t see it or it happens to them they are not paying attention to it. your analogy of Baltimore isn’t a good one because there are good sections of Baltimore just like ocean shitty
    Meh, going on my fourth year here and live right near the firehouse on St Louis. There is crime but mostly drunken vandals and the occasional fight amongst tourists. I walk/bike everywhere from the inlet to 45th and have had zero issues regarding any safety concerns. Take the dog to run on the beach late at night with no problems. There is an old drunk that hangs out at the public boat ramp in West O and I have been concerned who would damage my vehicle after having to tell him to pound sand a couple times but luckily nothing ever came of that. I was more concerned with walking in downtown Frederick at night than I am here.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I've been there for a couple of unmemorable day trips, my new co-worker has a rental there. He's going this weekend, I'm taking the wife there for 10 days in 2 weeks. Our 11 year anniversary. Also payback for watching my co-worker's dog for a week so I only have to pay the cleaning fee. It's off season so I'm a little worried about restaurants being closed, not that we will go out that much we will be doing most our own cooking due to the prices when eating out. He said his place is at the northern end, near Delaware. Our only plans are to not be home. We like hiking and I hope to take our bicycles but if anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've been there for a couple of unmemorable day trips, my new co-worker has a rental there. He's going this weekend, I'm taking the wife there for 10 days in 2 weeks. Our 11 year anniversary. Also payback for watching my co-worker's dog for a week so I only have to pay the cleaning fee. It's off season so I'm a little worried about restaurants being closed, not that we will go out that much we will be doing most our own cooking due to the prices when eating out. He said his place is at the northern end, near Delaware. Our only plans are to not be home. We like hiking and I hope to take our bicycles but if anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

Off season it’s always good to check calendar
    It’s Oceans Calling festival so businesses should be expecting people there. Dunno if seasonal workforce will be sting enough to support. Each place makes own decisions but weekends will be better when something is going on cause they want to make $ if there are people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    So you know that for a fact, or just taking a guess?
    Fact, kids had to catch the bus to 6501 Coastal Hwy. Pay the tow an fines $850+/-. An then get a tow company to drop them in Fenwick. I was picking on them when I got to the PD.

H2O weekend is not safe for any driver with a modified ride. Heck, stock VW’s get towed if the kid is young and not local.

Next week is another Special Event Zone, for all the Cruisers coming to town.

Last edited:

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I have a question. Oc has a town ordinance prohibiting the discharge of a firearm, but the town follow maryland carry laws.
    I have not seen in their ordinance any exceptions for self defense, (also haven seen any exception for police officers)
    my question is, god forbid someone has to draw and fire their legally carried firearm, would that person still be arrested for violating the ordinance even though they where justified in shooting their firearm?
    There are ordinances prohibiting discharge of a firearm within certain distances of an occupied dwelling in most places. Your right to self defense overrides those types of local laws, Im pretty sure.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    With the rise in prices will come the reduction of the riff raff that has bee plaguing OC in the past number of years. The work they did to make H20 folks go away was commendable. OC is like a county fair, you will see all kinds of folks there. I have been in traffic court in Worcester county and heard the Judge talk, its a Red County.
    H2o was a classy German car show I used to attend. I wish people wouldn't use that name to refer to the unsanctioned ******** that we t on for years. Nobody will ever understand why all those idiots with every make and model of airbag suspensioned shitbox began coming down there, but they ruined it.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    H2o was a classy German car show I used to attend. I wish people wouldn't use that name to refer to the unsanctioned ******** that we t on for years. Nobody will ever understand why all those idiots with every make and model of airbag suspensioned shitbox began coming down there, but they ruined it.

I don't know why Jay didn't sue OC and the local media for wrecking H2Oi's name.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Fact, kids had to catch the bus to 6501 Coastal Hwy. Pay the tow an fines $850+/-. An then get a tow company to drop them in Fenwick. I was picking on them when I got to the PD.

H2O weekend is not safe for any driver with a modified ride. Heck, stock VW’s get towed if the kid is young and not local.

Next week is another Special Event Zone, for all the Cruisers coming to town.
    Special event zone law says nothing about modifications, only speeding, racing, or noise:

Now, it would be entirely possible that they're taking the "noise" part and applying it to any modified exhaust. That would be totally on course for OC PD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom