• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I'm allergic to seafood as well, which sucks because I love crab.

If you find yourself in the area for lunch Liquid Assets is a great little place inside of a liquor store. I highly recommend it.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    "Bull On The Beach" just past 94th ST on right, if heading N. I'll be accross the Street at KIRBY'S PUB Friday and Sat night. They have great lump crab on a plate. 1lb for 25.00!!

Cis-Lunar

Jun 27, 2008
    Marlin Moon Grille,
    pricey, but my wife and i really liked the food, right across the rt 50 bridge. They were supposed to close but im not sure if tey did.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    All the following are good places to eat:

Blue Ox Steakhouse
    Frescos
    Aldofos
    House of Welsh
    Fager's Island
    The Hobbit
    Lighthouse Sound Restaurant (Bishopville, right off RT90 Bridge)
    Reflections
    OC Wasabi

If you want beer / pub places, let me know and I can string together a nice list.

Hobbit and Lighthouse Sound are grossly overpriced IMO but good food. Aldofo's is the best of the bunch that I have tried on your list but I wasn't quite full, could have given me MORE food. :o

fish67

Nov 13, 2008
    Make sure you call ahead -- I was out there last week for the MD Commercial Watermans trade show and everything was CLOSED. Even Pizza Hut and Quiznos! We had to head back into DE on the way home to find food - at least food that we wanted to eat.

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    I live just outside of OC and here's my list in no particular order

Sunset Grill in West OC
    Marlin Moon
    Ruths Chris in Glen Riddle
    The Shark (Across from Sunset Grill)
    Reflections in the Holiday Inn
    The Clarion hotel restaurant (Forget the name)
    Tequila Mockingbird's for great Mexican
    Old standbys like JR's and Nick's are good as well
    Fausto's or Adolfos for Italian.
    Nantuckets in Fenwick

In my opinion the Blue OX is way overpriced and not that good.

I've seen some references to Bull on the Beach. My office is across the street from the one in West O.C. and I've been there a few times. Sorry, but it flat out sucks. The one in O.C sucks as well unless you like dried out beef sandwiches with the consistency of sawdust.

And definitely stay away from The Hacienda on 85th St. The worst Mexican I've ever had. Taco Bell is better.

Just my opinions. Others may differ

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    If you want Italian, here you go.

DaVinci's by the Sea
    15th St. & Boardwalk
    410-289-2974
    Full menu of Italian food, seafood, steak & chicken. Eat in or on the Boardwalk Crab Deck. Beer, wine & liquor served. All dinner entrees include "All You Can Eat" Italian salad, homemade Italian bread & garlic butter. Children's menu available.
    Reservations: Accepted
    Accepts: Major Credit Cards

My parents friends own the joint. Good people, and good food.
    Edit: not sure if they are open this time of the year or not, might want to give em a call.

Not open yet!

This one is open and the food is not Cisco like some other places posted>
    Antipisti Restaurant. 3101 Philadelphia Ave. Ocean City, MD 21842-3571. Phone: (410) 289-4588
    The place is great but not cheap.
    Found a review here:

Good luck!

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i love bonfire buffett too. we always eat there during car show weekend. caruso's is my favorite pizza place but its on the boardwalk and i'm not sure if its open yet.
    last time i went to jr's i got das mini-boot:D
    gunsmisc035.jpg

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    rpcmig

I had to laugh at your comment on bull on the beach . I'm born and raised in OC and I finally went to bull in west oc to see how good it really is. And it sucked. The driest sandwich I had ever eaten in my life. I just thought REALLY how could this be this bad.

But' I love La Ha, it's not authentic mexican but I grew up on it.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    We decided to go to Frescos on Friday.

The atmosphere was very nice, an adult's restaurant. The service was impeccable, on-time and pleasant.

Started off with fresh baked bread/rolls with (extra virgin) olive oil over roasted garlic cloves. Delicious. :drool:

After a few beers, our food arrived. Surf and Turf for my friends and a 16 oz. medium Delmonico w/potatoes for me. The steak was 'slightly' more blackened than I'm accustomed to, but barely noticible. It had a very good taste and it ate nicely. :yummy:

The bill for the 4 of us came to almost $200.00 and put a damper on eating out the rest of the weekend. We did eat at our 'go-to' place on Saturday, The Cracker Barrel in Delaware, which BTW was only $55. for the four of us. :deal:

If you're looking for a great dining experience in O.C., Frescos gets high marks in my book.

Thanks to Gordon for picking up the check! Good friends are hard to come by. :) I got the next one. :innocent0

jehu

May 23, 2005
    I too was born and raised in Berlin/OC and would never set foot in the Bull on the Beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom