• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Wanna hear something funny? If this gets appealed to the US Supreme Court and the court upholds the law, permit less open carry will be the law of the land. Even in Maryland.

(At least I think so in my non attorney opinion)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wanna hear something funny? If this gets appealed to the US Supreme Court and the court upholds the law, permit less open carry will be the law of the land. Even in Maryland.

(At least I think so in my non attorney opinion)

It's unlikely the SCOTUS would take this case.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't understand why they get to cherry pick cases. If it (anything) gets appealed to the highest court it SHOULD be heard and ruled on.

That would be physically impossible. Think about it, there are 10 circuit courts that hear appeals. Of these 10 courts, appeals are heard by 3 judge panels. These courts can't even run on time they are so over worked.

Now the Supreme Court is 9 people. You can't have multiple supreme courts because they are supreme. How could 9 people do the work of 10 circuit courts?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not much to appeal here. The judgement was so short and basically just said the District Court was wrong. Slam dunk, unanimous opinion.

BTW the headline here is a little misleading. MS now becomes an UNLICENSED open carry state. Because the old law basically said that a gun in a holster was concealed, it meant there was no way to legally open carry w/o a CCW. Until now.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    The problem here in MD is open AND concealed carry are conflated together, not only in law but in public attitude as represented by our elected officials.

That was one of the first things learned here for this former Virginian used to being trusted with open carry. Tried to bring up the need to seperate open and concealed carry from each other on a "Red Maryland" call-in to a delegate once and got totally slammed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom