• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just got back from OC this weekend.
    Bridge fishing at the Rt 50 bridge at night was Kid Fishing Heaven.
    Squid with top & bottom rigs catching 8"-9.5" Croaker. 9" min on croaker so the keepers yes, were small. Did not keep many.
    Gotcha Plugs nailing Blues. 8" minimum but we kept nothing below 10" and had PLENTY. Largest caught was 13"
    The Blues were biting so hard, in hind sight, I should have just removed one of the hooks from the Gotcha plugs to make hook removal easier. Lots of minnows in the bay so the Blues were puking up minnows when we pulled them in.

We did not bother targeting flounder cause I had the little ones with me and their patience was not with them.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Sounds like you killed 'em! That is a fun evening of fishing--especially with the kids.

Next time try some torpedo jigs and bounce them off the bottom, straight up and down, about 24". The fish usually hit them as soon as they start to fall. Bridges and piers are great places to jig fish.

When I'm targeting blues, I usually use a plug with a single hook on the tail because when blues strike, they usually chomp the arse out of their prey.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Sounds like you killed 'em! That is a fun evening of fishing--especially with the kids.

Next time try some torpedo jigs and bounce them off the bottom, straight up and down, about 24". The fish usually hit them as soon as they start to fall. Bridges and piers are great places to jig fish.

The tactic you described would have to be done during low and high tides or just before/after as the current runs REAL STRONG at the bridge otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom