• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Obama's already one of the greatest(if not THE greatest) gun and ammo sellers in American history, but I guess he's got a lot more guns and ammo to sell. He knows prices can still go up a lot more if demand increases. Guns and ammo are today's best investment.

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    It shows no sign of stopping because it never got started. Obama has been a total dud on gun control (Thankfully!!!). and what he's telling the Bradys is just politicking. You might say he's going off half cocked!

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    More the reason to vote the bum out.

We shouldn't stop there! This may well be the most important election of our life time. We all need to forget about party lines and vote out all incumbents this next round at the Local, State, and Federal levels.

They are all crooks, just look at some of the threads about Rupersberger and Sarbaines on this site. Nothing but lip service. Hell what have they done for us but restrict our constutional rights and tax the tar out of us. Some day we all need to wake up in this State and get rid of all these bums!

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    "They are all crooks, just look at some of the threads about Rupersberger and Sarbaines on this site. Nothing but lip service. Hell what have they done for us but restrict our constutional rights and tax the tar out of us. Some day we all need to wake up in this State and get rid of all these bums!"

Couldn't agree more!

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    The main danger with Obama won't be any laws he gets passed, but the possibility that he will have the chance to appoint Supreme Court Justices in place of current conservative Justices. Voting him out and a conservative President in in 2012 is crucial in the long term.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Obama has been a dud on gun control this term; but I don't think it'll be that way in the second term.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Obama has been a dud on gun control this term; but I don't think it'll be that way in the second term.

He doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected in a second term, but Congressional Democrats do. Gun control is still a really touchy subject, so I doubt we'll see much happening there legislatively.

But as far as SCOTUS appointments and/or executive orders? Oh yeah. Not pretty.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I'm getting sick of hearing the same crap from bloggers and news sources.

-F&F
    -"Under the radar"
    -5-4 Heller decision
    -"bitter people"

Wake me up when something actually happens. I have a feeling that Obama will be more active in his gun control efforts in his second term (hope for the best, plan for the worst). Until then? Let's keep this cry wolf stuff to a minimum. Yes, Obama would like to impose gun control measures. In related news, gravity kept us from flying into space today and circles continue to be round.

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant

-F&F
    -"Under the radar"
    -5-4 Heller decision
    -"bitter people"

Wake me up when something actually happens. I have a feeling that Obama will be more active in his gun control efforts in his second term (hope for the best, plan for the worst). Until then? Let's keep this cry wolf stuff to a minimum. Yes, Obama would like to impose gun control measures. In related news, gravity kept us from flying into space today and circles continue to be round.

:lol:

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    + 10 on the SCOTUS appointments and Executive Orders. We all need to forget voting along party lines and get rid of these bums in the upcoming cycle.

And let's not forget regulations issued by DOJ and the appointment of lower court federal judges. Giving Obama a second term gives him an opportunity to do much more than he could in a first term and be free from accountability.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Court appointments, executive orders, EXECUTIVE BRANCH ADMINISTRATIVE RULES, State Department restrictions on imports, and many more things can go on without ANYONE other than the White House occupant giving approval. For those not concerned with Heller and McDonald being 5-4 rulings, consider that the margin being as narrow as it was played very heavily into how the opinion was written: if we had 6-3 or 7-2, which we should have if we hadn't had Clinton in office for 8 years and that worthless Connecticut Rino HW Bush before that (because our side didn't start fighting until '94), they would have been MUCH, MUCH BETTER. Consider that factored into future decisions.

Only about 30% of our problems is what the anti gun politicians do. 70% of the problem is what the neutral or supposedly pro gun ones refuse to repeal.

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    Wake me up when something actually happens. I have a feeling that Obama will be more active in his gun control efforts in his second term (hope for the best, plan for the worst). Until then? Let's keep this cry wolf stuff to a minimum. Yes, Obama would like to impose gun control measures.

I disagree that this is "crying wolf." Look at what this administration has done already in the areas of health care and financial services. The Dept of Energy and EPA have also been very heavy handed in the regulations they have issued. I deal with a lot of regulatory issues professionally, and objectively, without regard to my personal political preferences, many of the administration's regualtions are ideologically driven and are not logical. Some regualtions, like in health care, are a product of legislation passed by the last Congress and reflected the intent of the Democratic lawmakers who wrote the legislation. But I have seen numerous examples of rulemaking that has not been prompted by legislation, and that's the ideological stuff. This administration does have a track record after 3 years in office and I think it's reasonable to assume that a second term would result in increased regulation and government involvement in our lives. I don't think I am crying wolf.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    apathy and ignorance will reduce our 2nd amendment rights to England and Australia's gun rights demise.

the squeaky wheel gets oiled and if you don't want to be in the know of all the poop that is going on, fine, don't read the stuff and leave yer comments to other threads that are worthy of your opinion.

in my recent travels to local gun shops and ranges, i casually strike up conversations with folks and ask them what they think of the fast and furious situation and most of the folks look at me obviously puzzled and make the comment that they haven't seen the movie yet.

nuff sed! get the message out to everyone who has an interest in our 2nd amendment rights, join MSI or some other organization that will stand shoulder to shoulder to each one of us in the uphill battle that may ensue, if this guy gets another term.

-F&F
    -"Under the radar"
    -5-4 Heller decision
    -"bitter people"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom