• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    That little voice in the back of my head tells me imports of guns/ammo are in his cross hairs. He can do whatever he wants to them via EO, can't he?

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    you gotta remember that yobama is not too smart

he's like the weather man that reads words off a teleprompter

he's just a puppet with somebobdy's hand up his ass

:cool:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I saw something about compelling states to actually report data to NICS.

I'm sure he will bastardize it, but it's not a bad idea.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    "UPDATE: And now Democratic majority leader Harry Reid has pulled the gun bill:"

Love IT. If Maobama tries EO he will be impeached. You can not swear to uphold the Constitution and then try to cancel out the Bill of Rights with an order.

I think even the dear leader knows this is a bridge to far.

while I would love to see him impeached 3 issues

Biden would take over

The senate would never go for it

Biden would take over

2c0b8ab560f1fda195632b8000ad4aac_zpsecbf46cb.jpg

I see ONE big issue!

Biden would take over

Impeachment does not mean he will be removed from office. But the effects on a second term president is slim. Impeaching during the first term would be much more dramatic, as one of the results could be (if specified by the Senate) that an impeached president could never hold public office. The effects of slapping a second term president with an impeachment trial, even if unsuccessful, would probably mar their reputation and ability to control their own party enough that they become a very lame duck.

They could still impeach, and (God willing) the Senate permit it, convict Obama and prevent him from ever holding a seat again. Because he could always just return to the Senate, get elected to be the Senate Majority leader, and continue to screw with the American public indefinitely. Reid is getting up there in age and will probably retire after this term or his next.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    I saw something about compelling states to actually report data to NICS.

I'm sure he will bastardize it, but it's not a bad idea.

"Compelling states" is the administration's operative for: We'll withhold federal funds for everything your state has been made to rely upon the government for if you don't come around to our way of thinking.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What's the point of a background system if states won't feed it data.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    The President stated in his Rose Garden speech "We're going to address the barriers that prevent states from participating in the existing background check system."

It was reported by Fox News that the President has directed the Health and Human Services Department to and on Friday they began to ask for public comment on how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, passed by Congress in 1996 and known as HIPAA, is preventing some states from reporting to the background check system and how to address the problem.

Obama is interested in a change that would specifically allow disclosure of mental health records for the system, and he wants to increase financial incentives (read: use money to force) for states to contribute the information.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The President stated in his Rose Garden speech "We're going to address the barriers that prevent states from participating in the existing background check system."

It was reported by Fox News that the President has directed the Health and Human Services Department to and on Friday they began to ask for public comment on how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, passed by Congress in 1996 and known as HIPAA, is preventing some states from reporting to the background check system and how to address the problem.

Obama is interested in a change that would specifically allow disclosure of mental health records for the system, and he wants to increase financial incentives (read: use money to force) for states to contribute the information.

that can't be true. That won't hurt us the legal gun owners, what I think they meant to say is he directed her to find a mental health issue for all gun owners so he can disarm us

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    that can't be true. That won't hurt us the legal gun owners, what I think they meant to say is he directed her to find a mental health issue for all gun owners so he can disarm us

Ya wear glasses? No firearms for you. Check.
    Ya have a nasal drip? No firearms for you. Check.
    Ya have dental work? No firearms for you. Check.

When he started talking about doctors back in January, it was clear where he was going.

*** It is impossible to legislate evil away. What's amazing is that liberals are willing to die trying.***

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    If he tried to do this, he would be impeached. I would spit at his feet if I ever saw him walking the streets. If he wants to be treated like criminal scum, I dare him to try to do this. Owebama has his head stuck up his ass and obviously doesn't know how the Constitution works!

well now what?

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    I wonder if this means that the Veterans Administration will now feel compelled to provide additional mental health information to the states? Originally, the VA had indicated they would not provide any additional information on mental health of their VA patients to New York State because it violated federal law.

Feb 28, 2013
    "Compelling states" is the administration's operative for: We'll withhold federal funds for everything your state has been made to rely upon the government for if you don't come around to our way of thinking.

That's been done before. There were threats to withhold highway funding until certain laws were passed. One of which was raising the drinking age from 18 to 21, bought and paid for by MADD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom