Obama Lets No Tragedy Go to Waste: Appeals for Gun Control to Remember Trayvon Martin

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    his "presidential" influence, combined with the media is only widening the the divide in this country. when he injects himself on low level matters, such as the "beer summit" with the cop and the professor a few years back all the way to this current issue, i am witnessing more and more of a divide on both sides.

then consider whose side was in favor of the "occupy" movement vs the "tea party" movement.

the schism grows deeper and wider and is not likely to resolve itself any time soon.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I wanted justice for Trayvon and George...and that's what I got.

End of story.

If I'm going to "honor Trayvon", op I have to beat a white hispanic's head in?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    his "presidential" influence, combined with the media is only widening the the divide in this country. when he injects himself on low level matters, such as the "beer summit" with the cop and the professor a few years back all the way to this current issue, i am witnessing more and more of a divide on both sides.

then consider whose side was in favor of the "occupy" movement vs the "tea party" movement.

the schism grows deeper and wider and is not likely to resolve itself any time soon.

Just a quick reminder for folks of who was interested in helping out the Professor during the "Beer Summit"...

Attachments

• obama-beer-summit.jpg
      obama-beer-summit.jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 351

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Seriously. I want to talk to someone and ask them if someone was beating on you, do you have the right to shoot them?... see what they say?

If I ever get the opportunity to meet the president, this is what I'm asking him.

How do we know George's head was being smashed? Maybe he has stigmata of the head & nose

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I am completely lost now. I understand that civil cases are often pursued after the criminal trial is over, but the NAACP wants the Justice Department to pursue charges? I don't get it, seems like double jeopardy to me. The government already declared him innocent. I get that some of the affected parties (TM's parents) might pursue a civil case but how does the government go in and file a case against him when they just declared him innocent?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Did he ever get to eat the Skittles??

If not, maybe that's the 'tragedy' they're talking about???

Skittles weren't for eating, Skittles were for mixing with the Watermelon Ice Tea and the DXM.

Don't you know Trayvon loved his Drank. Can't get no leans with no drank in the cup

AC20814

American
    Mar 8, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    I am completely lost now. I understand that civil cases are often pursued after the criminal trial is over, but the NAACP wants the Justice Department to pursue charges? I don't get it, seems like double jeopardy to me. The government already declared him innocent. I get that some of the affected parties (TM's parents) might pursue a civil case but how does the government go in and file a case against him when they just declared him innocent?

Dual sovereignty. Federal charges brought against a person acquitted by state court is not double jeopardy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Jeopardy_Clause#Dual_sovereignty_doctrine

ETA: The federal charges would be criminal charges, not civil suits. They would be criminal charges related to civil rights violations.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm blown away by how many people are calling for protests and are appalled that we didn't just completely circumvent the legal system, convict George without due process, and throw away the key.

They had a freaking TRIAL! They had a trial and tried the guy when he probably shouldn't have been tried at all. He was acquitted. Done. End of case. And why? Because there was no case to begin with! So why is there such outrage because the legal system worked and he was acquitted after getting a fair trial? (And hell, the trial really wasn't very fair at all - the judge was doing everything she could to give every advantage to the prosecution.)

SMH - :sad20: I just don't get it.

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    Civil rights? Where the hell is there a civil rights issue in this??? Don't we all have a 'civil right' to NOT get our skull slammed in by some gangbanging hoodlum little piece of human waste? Good lord this is absolutely retarded. We all know that had Tray Tray finished Zimmerman off right then and there on the pavement he would have been sentenced to Juvvy, then been released on parole, then had all charges dropped when he turned 18 because NO ONE WOULD HAVE EVER HEARD OF THIS CASE. This is blatant race manipulation plain and simple and I am sick of seeing the media get away with it. Absolutely disgusting.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011

I have visiting family today and just got back from the holocaust museum. After last night's verdict, I kept reflecting on the parallels between the Nazis and modern-day progressivism. I was surprised to read commentary on Hitler urging "revenge," which immediately drew my mind to the last week of the 2012 presidential election.

I'm not saying that I think gun owners will be treated as were some of the victims of the Nazi regime. What I am saying is that modern-day progressives seem to be pulling from a familiar playbook to generate political power.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Civil rights? Where the hell is there a civil rights issue in this??? Don't we all have a 'civil right' to NOT get our skull slammed in by some gangbanging hoodlum little piece of human waste? Good lord this is absolutely retarded. We all know that had Tray Tray finished Zimmerman off right then and there on the pavement he would have been sentenced to Juvvy, then been released on parole, then had all charges dropped when he turned 18 because NO ONE WOULD HAVE EVER HEARD OF THIS CASE. This is blatant race manipulation plain and simple and I am sick of seeing the media get away with it. Absolutely disgusting.

after thinking about this all day I finally figured it out.

They will charge him for Failure to be a Victim and Preventing TM from Freedom to be a Thug
    Might be some other minor charges

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I expect soon we will see some attacks on Shall Issue. How successful they will be depends on us.

So let's see, on one hand claims we are a nation of laws and should respect the jury's verdict that George Zimmerman was defending himself, with a gun. On the other hand he claims this is a good time to do something about "gun violence". Must be some kind of strange Kenyan logic...

Obama is just warming up. He was caught off guard by the verdict, and protocol and politics dictated that he drag himself from the golf course to speak out today. However, in the recesses of the West Wing, Valerie Jarrett and her confidants are crafting his next message to be delivered soon after jinning up their media sycophants and gun control fanatics, but this time it will be based on race bias and victimhood.

Alinsky Rule #8. - Keep the pressure on with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

Never let up, and try new things to keep the opposition off balance. As they counter one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. Attack, attack, and attack some more from all sides, never giving us a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize ... this is what this president's senior advisor does, and she does it very well.

The White House on Gun Control

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    after thinking about this all day I finally figured it out.

They will charge him for Failure to be a Victim and Preventing TM from Freedom to be a Thug
    Might be some other minor charges

Being hispanic after dark
    Driving a Honda, instead of a real truck
    Possession of 2 deadly flashlights

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member