Obama Lets No Tragedy Go to Waste: Appeals for Gun Control to Remember Trayvon Martin

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    As a whole, public school teachers make more than the average college professor. I couldn't afford to take the pay cut.

Great, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. :D Wife worked in accounting travel at Salisbury U several years ago... talk about fraud, waste and abuse. :sad20: Even though alcohol wasn't to be claimed some refused to pay their bar tab..... and they got away with it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    As a whole, public school teachers make more than the average college professor. I couldn't afford to take the pay cut.

My wife is considering taking the pay hit to teach at a private school. She says she's willing to make less for the luxury of not being called a white b1tch, whore, c**t, spit on, stabbed with pencils anymore.
    It stings more when this happens and the administration does nothing because it would appear racist.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The lady that lives directly across the street from us left the teaching profession altogether. She told us that she had been putting up with a lot of nonsense for a long time obviously, but for her the final straw was when she gave one kid a properly scored and well-deserved bad grade. The kid's parents complained, saying the grade would negatively affect their precious darling's chances for college selection. She refused, and showed them the sub par work. At that point the parents appealed to the principle who ordered our neighbor to change the grade. At the end of that school year she left, saying in essence that her personal integrity was more important than her salary, and that the administration's lack of support for the teachers on top of everything else was just more than she could bear.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wife is getting ready to start her 25th year in PG...

There are a lot of ways she could make more money, but none of them would keep her sane (trust me, I need that).

Even so (and with her salary), she's seriously thinking of hanging up her pointer after this year. Five more would be they honey pot for her pension, but she might not consider it worth the strain.

She's even starting to collect info on possible 'retirement gigs'...

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Well here it goes, AG Holder just called for a review of Stand Your Ground Laws:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...an-battle-calls-for-review-stand-your-ground/

"Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nation's attention, it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods." - Holder

What a buffoon. He actually is a lawyer and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's bright, and he knows that SYG was not used in FL, ergo the only conclusion is that once again intentional deceit is being used to advance a political position, this one to erode gun and self defense civil rights.

Domestic Enemy of the first order.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My wife is considering taking the pay hit to teach at a private school. She says she's willing to make less for the luxury of not being called a white b1tch, whore, c**t, spit on, stabbed with pencils anymore.
    It stings more when this happens and the administration does nothing because it would appear racist.

There are a lot of ways she could make more money, but none of them would keep her sane (trust me, I need that).

Even so (and with her salary), she's seriously thinking of hanging up her pointer after this year. Five more would be they honey pot for her pension, but she might not consider it worth the strain.

I know at least a half dozen teachers between MD and VA that have put in their retirement papers and then gotten another job at a private school.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Shame, I know some in Somerset County........ they regret taking the job both in Crisfield and Princess Anne. :sad20:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well here it goes, AG Holder just called for a review of Stand Your Ground Laws:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...an-battle-calls-for-review-stand-your-ground/

"Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nation's attention, it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods." - Holder

What a buffoon. He actually is a lawyer and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's bright, and he knows that SYG was not used in FL, ergo the only conclusion is that once again intentional deceit is being used to advance a political position, this one to erode gun and self defense civil rights.

I guess when you have the resources protecting you that Eric Holder has, you don't have much need for self defense. For all the rest of us, self defense means removing this clear threat to our liberties and means of protecting ourselves and our families.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Folks, the whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" while true, misses one vital point. Yes, I can run over a crowd of people with my car and kill them. But a gun is DESIGNED to inflict death or serious bodily injury; a hammer, knife, etc. is not.

So is a nuclear warhead.

Unlike a gun, a nuke can't be used for plinking, target shooting, or hunting.

But like a gun, it's a useful deterrent against aggression.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

No wonder college professors are such leftists. They just need a pay raise. Of course, that's impossible, because it would detract from the sports programs, which are sorely needed to bring in more money for... sports programs. And swimming pools, student lounges, etc. Anything but education. :sad20:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Folks, the whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" while true, misses one vital point. Yes, I can run over a crowd of people with my car and kill them. But a gun is DESIGNED to inflict death or serious bodily injury; a hammer, knife, etc. is not.

No, a gun is DESIGNED to send a projectile towards a target with the best probability of hitting its target according to its design. It doesn't care if you have a 45gr soft tip for varmints, 55grFMJ (which incidentally does NOT create much damage) or a 72gr JHP.

The bullet determines the lethality, and the user decides what that target is, be it a person, a can, or paper.

The STAG 3G is not designed to inflict the most damage to a person, it's designed specifically to give its user the best all around choice for 3 gun competitions. (Whether it does that is debatable, but that is what it was DESIGNED for)

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    WARNING: Long-winded

Some of my views on the whole thing. I'm white, VERY liberal (but also VERY pro gun rights), lived in PG for the first 26 years of my life and now live right on the MC/PG border in Takoma Park. I have a relative who is a successful, incredibly intelligent, professional, educated drug dealer in another state who has hopes of a job enforcement (yeah, I don't get it either). I have another relative who at 15 stabbed someone 6 times in "self-defense", but that plea as pretty suspect IMO. I've worked in ghettos and been profiled and a victim of racism. Not saying I'm like TM, but I'm closer than most of you here.

OF COURSE Zimmerman was justified in killing him. I had someone tell me he should have gone for his nuts first, and he should have, but you get concealed carry permits to use a gun in self defense so that'll obviously be your first thought.

TM was racially profiled, but so what. Racial profiling, or profiling at all, makes sense. If someone is black in an all white neighborhood and that doesn't normally happen, call the police. Doesn't mean he'll automatically be arrested, but better safe than sorry. My parents work with pet adoption and were placing a dog with someone in the ghetto. Their car got boxed in by the cops as he was leaving. They asked what he was doing and my dad just laughed in their face and said they were racially profiling him. They said they weren't and sped off with their tail in between their legs, but they were justified. If you know most white people in the ghetto looking like they don't belong are there to buy drugs, you question them. You don't arrest them, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

There's definitely a lot of racism in some of these posts saying he "got what he deserved" and "it was inevitable at some point". Ridiculous. Very few people deserve to die. He deserved a great ass whooping because he was an *******, some jail time, too. But I doubt the same would be said if it was a white guy getting killed. It IS tragic because a split second decision made by a 16 year old caused him his life. Everyone make stupid decisions when they're young, most people are lucky enough to not have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives/deaths. An overzealous Neighborhood Watchmen (it's Watch, not the Neighborhood Confront) caused him his life. Both were wrong. That doesn't mean Zimmerman is guilty of anything legally.

I'm a big Obama fan, but appealing for gun control based on an open and shut justified self-defense case is pretty ridiculous. It doesn't matter who the person killed is.

Lastly, what's with all this "Respect the verdict" bs? If someone has an issue with it, they can have that issue, whether it's verdict, or any kind of legal decision or law. The same sentiment in "respect the verdict" should apply to political leaders who are elected based on the democratic process, but no one seems to share my opinion on that.

As to your comment about if it was a white guy getting killed......it would not matter. If it had been a white guy that was beating Zimmermans head into the concrete after breaking his nose than the white guy would have deserved the same outcome. Also your BS statement of Martin being a 16 year old not deserving to die because he is young and made a stupid decision is just ridiculous. He was a 6'-3" 160lb 17 year old thug that was committing a felony assault on another human being that obviously could not physically stop him and was forced to use deadly force to defend himself.

Sorry, but being VERY liberal and VERY pro-gun is just not possible and since you are a big fan of the person that is trying to take away our 2A rights, you should do all of us a favor that actually are Pro-2A, and find another forum.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Sorry, but being VERY liberal and VERY pro-gun is just not possible and since you are a big fan of the person that is trying to take away our 2A rights, you should do all of us a favor that actually are Pro-2A, and find another forum.

No, no, no, he should stay here and continue to post his opinions. :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of having folks tell us their opinions, whether we like them or not. How else can we find out how misguided they are? :)

Until they start trolling, that is. Then comes the ban hammer. :party29:

marquis708

Feb 6, 2013
    MD.
    I'm pretty sure it will be very hard for the Gov. to come up with anything to be able to file federal charges on Zimmerman. We will see. He did what most people would do if someone was whipping that a55.

"God Bless America because it surely needs it now"

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

As to your comment about if it was a white guy getting killed......it would not matter. If it had been a white guy that was beating Zimmermans head into the concrete after breaking his nose than the white guy would have deserved the same outcome. Also your BS statement of Martin being a 16 year old not deserving to die because he is young and made a stupid decision is just ridiculous. He was a 6'-3" 160lb 17 year old thug that was committing a felony assault on another human being that obviously could not physically stop him and was forced to use deadly force to defend himself.

Yep, my point to him in an earlier post. That position is not defensible.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Dirt digging part deux

FoxNews.com -
    DOJ trolling for email tips in Zimmerman probe

Amid pressure from the NAACP and several Democratic lawmakers to pursue Zimmerman, the department has set up a public email address asking for any tips or information regarding the case. The move appears to mark an expansion of the probe, after Attorney General Eric Holder said in an address Tuesday to the NAACP that his department would "consider all available information" before deciding whether to move forward.

Does anyone have the email address ? Sure would be nice to 'share' publically available pictures and records of 'not so innocent' Trayvon's activities prior to his demise in Sanford.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom