• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Anyone who attempts to implant any kind of microchip(or anything else) in my body will risk getting their very own implant from me first, this is not a threat - it is a promise.
    I know where to draw the line and so should any freedom loving American.

Good video post. When the gov. makes vaccines and RFID implants mandatory I can see a lot of civilians rising up and giving some mandatory lead injections.

Ultimate Member
    Dude RFID? there are better studies to cite; Boston and SF transit cards.

Someone go out and by a SMART CARD for the DC Metro, I can show you how RFID works, how to manipulate it and what hardware to buy. RFID cannot be encrypted that well, that is the problem with it. It is just a raw signal.

RFID is a stupid dead technology. It is good for somethings, but with simple hardware it can be easily turned against you.

It is funny, all these companies have invested million and millions in RFID technology, but they did not bother to ask if it was viable. And recent hacker studies at several Universities show RFID is a joke. However, there is too much money invested so if you go after RFID and make your findings public they'll come after you since it will ruin your business.

I'd urge you to look it up and maybe look for stories about the metro systems loosing money :)

twimc

Feb 10, 2009
    above the belt
    damn bush. I can hear them yelling illegal imigration, drug smuggling from Mexico, and jobs to push this through. Just like "the war on terror" to get the patriot act passed and gitto in full swing.
    Dont let fear dictate your rights!!!!!
    (not saying its a bad war or we shouldnt have gitmo, just that we've known about these guys forever and a day, and on top of that we didnt even concentrate on taking them out after the wars first started, then the invasion of our privacy and the ability for them to take people away and hold them forever without a trail always got my tin fiol tingling -imo)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Part of Bloomberg's agenda is to "Close the terror gap".
    Page 45 of the blueprint:

"S.1317 and H.R.2159 in the 111th Congress would prevent individuals on the "terrorist watch list" from purchasing guns."

Sounds great doesn't it?
    Certainly those evil terrorists should not be allowed to buy guns, right?
    What they will not tell us is the fact that there are well over 500,000 names on the list today.
    In the past it was proved that grandmothers in wheelchairs, toddlers in diapers, and even Ted Kennedy was on that secret list. While some terrorists may be in congress there are certainly not half a million+ terrorists in America right now so obviously a large percentage of the people on that list do not belong there.
    Clearly anyone and everyone can be placed on this secret list for little or no reason at all. Denying these people their basic constitutional rights just because of some secret list is unconstitutional to say the least. We have little to fear from terrorists with guns as long as their intended victims(we the people) are armed and capable of protecting ourselves. Terrorists love defenseless victims! Just look at the Ft. Hood terrorist attack where one female civilian police officer stopped the mad man with her pistol while hundreds of defenseless soldiers were powerless to stop him for several minutes. Mumbai India is another example. It is already illegal for terrorists and anyone else to have guns in India yet those terrorists got them anyway and murdered dozens and dozens of defenseless victims as the police hid behind walls.
    I hope no gun owners are gullible enough to support a law that would take away our rights because of a secret list!
    Some pages also talk about banning default proceed sales where anyone who gets a NICS background check and is placed on hold will no longer be able to pick up their guns after 3 days.
    Every time I buy a gun I get placed on hold because my name is very common. And I know I am not the only one in here who can say the same thing.
    This foolish agenda must be stopped.

Last edited:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    i'm not a teckie but can one manufacture a RFID to monkey wrench with this stuff

RFID Experimentation Kit at ThinkGeek:

rfid_kit.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/907a/

RFID Blocking Wallet:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/8cdd/

RFID Blocking Passport Holder:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/910f/

You don't have to be a tin-foil-hat-wearing paranoid to be concerned about the implications to RFID tags built into your personal identification. From a distance, anyone with the right equipment can read the contents of that chip. He can tell your name, nationality, or any bit of info the gubmint decides to embed in your passport. For argument's sake, you may trust the powers that be with that info, but anybody can get at that data. Do you trust everyone?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    OATHKEEPERS: "We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people."
    "Oath Keepers is an association of currently serving military, veterans, and peace officers who WILL fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God."
    The OathKeepers know we take an oath to support and defend the Constitutution and so should all Americans in our military, law enforcement, and government.

S. Blackmon

Jan 12, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    REAL ID

I know this post is a little old, but there's some weird information here regarding the REAL ID:

REAL ID law passed in 2005, currently requires that the only following data can be read via RFID: full legal name, signature, date of birth, gender, driver's license number, address and a picture. It's all information normally available on your state ID, except under REAL ID, the Fed will be able to verify your information as valid, and you are a legal resident.

Plus side: Because the documentation standards to getting a REAL ID are much more stringent than getting just a drivers license in many states, people can prove their legal status, and use their Drivers license with REAL ID alone, instead of regular Drivers License plus birth certificate, SS card, etc.

Downside: Cost +++ - there's another avenue stealing your drivers license information (using an RFID reader, and crypto-hacking), though I would think the chance of getting pick pocketed or losing your wallet are much much higher. Potential discrimination as people without a REAL ID may not get certain services/jobs/etc.

Current congress has a bill to repeal REAL ID, but it seems stuck. Good news is, current administration is working to limit the REAL ID or replace it with PASS ID, which may not require RFID. There's also question whether current Sec. of Homeland Security will even enforce REAL ID, since it's her department who will have to regulate it, and she's been an opponent of it since it was proposed in 2005 (source) So, there's a good chance the inclusion of REAL ID in that plan probably won't stand if not enough states adopt REAL ID, and right now, not too many are on board.

- S

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom