• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Eye candy is pretty good,best in a long time,no sreaming deals other than colt 9mm ar for under 900,they have had it for two shows at least,some prices still stuck at Newtown madness prices,lot of dealers saying no to new Yorkers and new jersey peeps,soon they won't ha e many people to sell too.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    way more than any sane person should be willing to pay for a carved-up, finish-worn, dark-as-****-wood yugo, that's for sure.

trench art is awesome, but not when the seller wants what a Cherry's-imported blonde-beech-stocked example should be pulling, that's for damn sure.

any Chinese ?

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    There was tons of SKS rifles there. Most were 375+

I was there Saturday AM and there were two vendors who had Sino-Soviet SKSs for $280 in the middle room. The stocks appeared to be fashioned from driftwood, but the metal was okay (covered in cosmoline).

I was there Saturday AM with a few friends. Biggest show I've ever been to, as it was probably a little larger than Chantilly. It had the most milsurp ammo for sale in many years, including milsurp .303 and 8mm. I bought a few hundred rounds of .303 and 7.62x54 and a few boxes of .250 Savage for extra cheap (must have been someone selling a relatives collection-they let me name my price for both boxes and I bit on it).

I missed out on a VZ-24 that I guy was walking around selling. He sold it as I was getting him the case http://www.mdshooters.com/images/smilies/sad20.gif

A friend did buy a Spanish G43 in nice shape though. It was a large show that was good. I even got a nice parking spot! I'll go again, even if it's half the size next time.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I was there Saturday AM and there were two vendors who had Sino-Soviet SKSs for $280 in the middle room. The stocks appeared to be fashioned from driftwood, but the metal was okay (covered in cosmoline).

I was there Saturday AM with a few friends. Biggest show I've ever been to, as it was probably a little larger than Chantilly. It had the most milsurp ammo for sale in many years, including milsurp .303 and 8mm. I bought a few hundred rounds of .303 and 7.62x54 and a few boxes of .250 Savage for extra cheap (must have been someone selling a relatives collection-they let me name my price for both boxes and I bit on it).

I missed out on a VZ-24 that I guy was walking around selling. He sold it as I was getting him the case http://www.mdshooters.com/images/smilies/sad20.gif

A friend did buy a Spanish G43 in nice shape though. It was a large show that was good. I even got a nice parking spot! I'll go again, even if it's half the size next time.

That was a decent Vz24, I looked at it, i thought about buying but decided not to cause it was about the same cond as mine. except mine wasnt poly-ed or what ever he had on there. Still it was a clean rifle.

I am new to the gun scene Oaks being my 4th gun show, I was looking for a particular shotgun that I did find but was more than retail. Most of what I saw at the show was more that retail. Is this normal for shows.. I paid less for my 10/22 at Dicks sporting. I Got a great deal for my glock 19 and my S&W at a small gun shop. I do not know the prices of the older c&r's , regular hunting rifles.

Is that were the deals are?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I am new to the gun scene Oaks being my 4th gun show, I was looking for a particular shotgun that I did find but was more than retail. Most of what I saw at the show was more that retail. Is this normal for shows.. I paid less for my 10/22 at Dicks sporting. I Got a great deal for my glock 19 and my S&W at a small gun shop. I do not know the prices of the older c&r's , regular hunting rifles.

Is that were the deals are?

Not that all the deals are there, but since most of them are older the prices can be lower. Also as a example.. The Mossberg .22 model 44US(a) i bought(made around 1938-1945) goes for about 325-425.00 depending on cond and the seller. I found mine on a rack in the second building and the dealer said it was on consignment. It was listed at 200.00. If you have any interest in older stuff what you should do is some research and see what the cheapest is you can find online and what to look for. Then if you find something cheaper or same price at a show you are usually doing very good.
    another example from this show was the wolf gold ammo. I had a buddy just buy a case of it online for 350.00 shipped which was a good price. when i walked into the show , i found the same for 309.99 plus tax.(328 OTD)

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    Spent over 4hrs there yesterday; will go again. The deals are there, when you find a vender willing to "negotiate". Some will gladly "work a deal" and some act like you insult them. Sunday afternoons can be a good time to "negotiate" deals. I was trying to move a WWI rifle for a 7.65 PPK. And, there we a few dealers that negotiated and a few that acted insulted! For me, that is the fun of going.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    This was probably the best gun show I have attended in years. Many good vendors and reasonable and some good deals. A buddy got a great deal on .357 Sig brass and he doesn't even own a .357 sig yet! ;)

Vic

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I have one just like it. Marked china on the barrel by the importer but a
    Matching Russian .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member