• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Whoa there, Nellie, and slow that roll! Nobody said anything about shooting at police. Ignoring unconstitutional laws can take a wide rage of forms including nonviolent ones, e.g. willfully ignoring transgressions, jury nullification, etc.

I have. I have said outright that I would nullify as a juror if someone was being tried for shooting a cop who came to confiscate his firearms.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    haha

^^^^ Am I missing something here?

funny thing about the VA state Troopers as I am a gun toting MD resident I was driving into VA to go to a shoot with a buddy and we had all or guns and gear in the back seat. I am well into Va and I get pulled over by VA's smokey, and he writes me a ticket for speeding but completely ignores all the gear and never even noticed we were wearing camo pants! lol But a buddy coming to the same shoot was pulled over in the same area and he gets the govt treatment but being asked all sorts of questions and had to show all of his guns to the cop! of course im sure what prompted that was him being a VA CC permit holder and was armed at the time. Cop must have run out of coffee and donuts to eat.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    We'll see how they feel about enforcement when Cuomo puts their job at stake. I bet they will fall in line rather quickly.

State police will be under Cuomo's thumb but NY is a BIG state, mostly rural and LE is the elected sheriffs, many of which are leadind this 'revolt'. They and the local politicians.

mreaston

Nov 10, 2013
    An interesting piece, but I think it's jumping the gun a bit (no pun intended). Let's see what the turnout on the registration site actually is once it's been up and running for a few months.

We'll never know:

Almost a year after the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act was passed by lawmakers and signed by the governor, state officials say they aren't required to reveal how many people have registered assault weapons with the state.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/SAFE-Act-gun-total-declared-off-limits-4969066.php

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Stay off the Interstates and you'll never see a NY state trooper. The local LEOs in the vast areas of the state outside NYC and Long Island are not under Cuomo's control. The local citizenry pays their salaries out of the (shamefully high) taxes.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    For some reason many of the writings about tyranny during the American revolution are quite appropriate when it comes to things like the safe act, Obama, Omalley and company.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    'What guns? I've sold all of my guns privately. There's no need for me to register anything. I'm sorry, I don't have any receipts for the sales. They got lost in a boating accident.'

That's hilarious. Are you going to stick to that story while the cops execute the search warrant for your house and every storage location revealed by a search of your financial records? How about when they charge your spouse as an accomplice and start interrogating her separately?

Relying on the local cop to cut you some slack is the worst mistake you can ever make. Law enforcement is now a "career" and the standard operating procedure for individual LEO's is not to do anything that could come back and damage their promotion potential or retirement. The only discretion you can count on is that if someone is going to get hosed, its going to be you, not him. You can hire a lawyer at your own expense to sort it out in court.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    MD LEOs on this board have posted they work with cops who think that anyone even transporting a firearm to the range is worthy of having them look for any excuse to charge them with any crime just to "get the gun off the street"

Your going to have to quote instances and threads where this had been said. Thanks.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2804016#post2804016

And thank YOU for asking for citations.

As for VA resident...not the story I was thinking of, but it'll do:
    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488643

You have to do better than quote a person that has been here 2 months and has 7 posts and none of them following up the only post he made in the cited thread to qualify how LEOs in MD may operate re: confiscation. :innocent0

Well it's all I got. I did say it was stated here.

Would have been more credible if an actual leo forum member here made such statements. And more than one.

You asked for a citation. Benanov gave a good one. Then, you upped the burden of proof.

Sorry, but unless you can convince me that the person he quoted is a fraud, I'd say you haven't disproven his (reasonable sounding) assertion.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I understand that it is Law Enforcement's job to enforce laws but it is EVERYBODY'S duty and responsibility to ignore unconstitutional ones. Whether one actively works against the unconstitutional law or simply turns a blind eye toward "lawbreakers" is a deeply personal choice greatly affected by personal circumstance. Most tend toward rolling over, of course, but a precious minority will not.

As Levin likes to say (as well as our founders)...and I paraphrase...

"When government uses illegitimate means, to justify its illegitimate ends, the people too, will find their government illegitimate and will come to ignore it, or resist it, or worse."

An interesting piece, but I think it's jumping the gun a bit (no pun intended). Let's see what the turnout on the registration site actually is once it's been up and running for a few months.

Three words...Obamacare Website Model?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You asked for a citation. Benanov gave a good one. Then, you upped the burden of proof.

Sorry, but unless you can convince me that the person he quoted is a fraud, I'd say you haven't disproven his (reasonable sounding) assertion.

That is a terrible example. An unknown someone speaking about others? Now, if who he quoted was a known LEO and made that statement about himself, well then there might be something here.

What is REASONABLE is that there are no (known) LEO members here who echo and post( make public ) the gun grabbing sentiment. However, something feeds into someone's agenda, a far and away, unproven hearsay statement is gospel in a post.
    Get a few of us "tenured", known LEO's who are members here chiming in on and agreeing with confiscation, well then you might have something there.

But go ahead and run with one dismal example.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    That is a terrible example. An unknown someone speaking about others? Now, if who he quoted was a known LEO and made that statement about himself, well then there might be something here.

What is REASONABLE is that there are no (known) LEO members here who echo and post( make public ) the gun grabbing sentiment. However, something feeds into someone's agenda, a far and away, unproven hearsay statement is gospel in a post.
    Get a few of us "tenured", known LEO's who are members here chiming in on and agreeing with confiscation, well then you might have something there.

But go ahead and run with one dismal example.

Yeah, I’m sure a bunch of cops are going to come to a pro gun board and talk about how they support confiscation. I think it is safe to assume that cops have more important things to do than troll the MD Shooters boards.

Not to mention that we already distrust them. No one is stupid enough to make bad PR public statements; they will keep their tyrannical mindset private until the time comes when they get to enforce it.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Hum. The thread is about cop bashing now? And the article indicates a large percentage of the NY cops are against the SAFE act?? Hum.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Hum. The thread is about cop bashing now? And the article indicates a large percentage of the NY cops are against the SAFE act?? Hum.

We've delved into how there are cops on both sides of the coin. Some of them support citizen 2A rights, and others are looking for an excuse to remove any gun from the street regardless of legality of the firearm or of the act of disarmament.

I even pressed the poster for details in the thread - "tell us where you patrol so I never find myself there"

I work in the financial industry, with a little social networking on the side. Making statements about the value of securities, even just an opinion of future performance, is fraught with peril for a lot of people due to all of the laws and regluations surrounding them. I've had to delete a handful of people's accounts upon their request when they posted things they shouldn't have. I can understand why a cop that gets made (remember, we have antis crawling these boards) could be called onto the carpet and told not to post anymore.

Yeah it's a bit flimsy. But it's still pretty telling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom