• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    His testimony when he lobbied for the SAFE act should be on auto repeat wherever he goes. Every time he enters a public venue, he should hear what he said to help pass that law.

Imagine him going to a restaurant, they could write a few of his phrases on his food back in the kitchen and he could literally eat his own words.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I've known many people I would describe as good even if hypocritical in their "do as I say rather than as I do" mentality. Politicians and preachers come to mind. But I see your point that "good" and "hypocrite" may be mutually exclusive. Although I guess he be good at being a hypocrite.

See I hold otherwise. And I do not describe such persons in laudable terms. I rest easy in that decision. :)

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    first he said he forgot, then he said he didn't realize he wasn't allowed to have it, and then he said he could have helped if the gunman wasn't him.

Then, after lying to the police, he tried to weasel even more by saying even though they asked if he had a gun on him, they didn't ask if he LEGALLY WITH A PERMIT had a gun on him.

What a douche bag.

Easy CZ

Feb 7, 2014
    Oklahoma
    "Dwayne was not conscious that he was in school with a gun.”

Eh? He didn't know he was at the school? And, he didn't know he had a gun? What kind of Grade A libtard is this guy?

Oh, wait, the regular kind.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    The 7 round limit in NY has been overturned. They can now carry 10 in a 10 round mag.

I just think it is poetic justice a guy who lobbied for the SAFE Act gets busted for a firearms violation. He may be a good guy, but I have no sympathy for hypocrites.

It was a .38 Special. Kinda doubt it even had a mag. :P

(Note: Damn! Someone beat me to it!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I wonder if he had 7 or fewer rounds in the mag...

It's funny...NY State issues 'pistol permits' county by county. Each county, depending on the Justice, has different guidelines and restrictions regarding what each can do with their guns, but the permit is good statewide. For example, Wyoming County (very rural Western NY) almost always issues CCW with every permit, and they can carry this way anywhere they go in NY, except the city. However, Erie County (where Buffalo is located) only very recently has begun to allow CCW, unless you have had a permit for something like 30+ years or are a store owner, carry large amounts of case, etc. If this guy was from Buffalo, I'd like to know how he got connected to get a carry permit if they weren't issuing them until only recently. He clearly broke the law.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/pistol-permits/6709-revised-permit-map.html
    This page has a few unofficial maps of each NY county's CCW issuance. Assuming he's a Buffalo(Erie County) resident, his work in the community was enough to probably get him the permit without the ultra deep connections. Most of the counties surrounding Erie are basically shall-issue.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I find it curious that he could be "in a position to help" while carrying a gun he wasn't aware he was carrying.

Reap the whirlwind.

He was aware that he was carrying... He claims that he was not aware of the school property restriction... He is full of bovine fertilizer... He has a CCW and the school property restriction is WELL known.

He F'ed up and he KNOWS he did... And now he is just lying to get away with it. But it won't matter now because all of those he "mentored" will know that he is of the opinion that HE is special and not held to the same rules as anyone else. Sadly some of them will see this and think that the rules are only there for those nasty old NRA members to follow. :cool:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "Dwayne was not conscious that he was in school with a gun.”

Eh? He didn't know he was at the school? And, he didn't know he had a gun? What kind of Grade A libtard is this guy?

Oh, wait, the regular kind.

Exactly the kinda person that makes a fine CHL example for all to see in this political climate.

Zibner

Aug 15, 2013
    Lexington Park Md
    He's making lots of excuses and pilling up references but it all boils down to one thing; did he have a gun on school property"." If he had the gun, little question of that then take the punchment. Felony conviction, possible time but he looses his gun rights FOREVER. If it was someone else who made the mistake he wouldn't be on there side.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well, this is rather coincidental. We have this moron in New York and then the student in Edgewater. I have to say though, the moron in New York really takes the cake. Help pass a law and then think it doesn't apply to you. WOW. Not only that, but then come up with excuse after excuse that doesn't even make sense. He must think everybody else is as stupid as he is. It will be interesting to see how both of these cases end. Thing is, we rarely follow everything through to the end unless it is in the headlines the entire time.

Did a google search on guns in gun free zones and it is unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom