• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Pic of night vision along with crappy pic of it mounted on back of existing air rifles scope
    You can see how it does not effect the rifles scopes poi or point of aim but
    allows you to view thru scopes sight picture but with added night vision.

With included adapters it can be mounted on multiple scopes, removed and reinstalled without effecting current scope.
    IR light is shown mounted above night vision monoclular

Attachments

• IMG_6545.jpeg
      IMG_6545.jpeg
      381.3 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_6544.jpeg
      IMG_6544.jpeg
      333.4 KB · Views: 23
    Sep 28, 2023
    Darnestown, MD
    Pic of night vision along with crappy pic of it mounted on back of existing air rifles scope
    You can see how it does not effect the rifles scopes poi or point of aim but
    allows you to view thru scopes sight picture but with added night vision.

With included adapters it can be mounted on multiple scopes, removed and reinstalled without effecting current scope.
    IR light is shown mounted above night vision monoclular
    VERY interesting, THANKS!

Just one question: Doesn't it affect eye relief?
    And if it does, how do you handle the cheekweld?

You're blazing a trail for others to follow, my friend, THANKS!

HM

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Eye relief is pretty forgiving with center Mark air file scope originally mounted on rifle.

Cheek weld needs to be compensated for but not a serious factor since I’m only shooting average 20-30 yards, plus I shoot off a rest with little to no recoil.
    You view of cross hairs is more forgiving since parallel does’nt really come into play as your looking thru a camera, not the normal Eye relief you would need if useing rifles scope only

Longer distances “ like mounted on ar,ect.”I would just move rifles scope forward to compensate for good cheek weld at 3-3 1/2”

For my purpose cheek weld a non factor.
    Keep in mind your viewing target thru a camera type field of vision. Parralex really has little if any effect when looking at crosshairs.
    . Also your shooting a rifle with very little recoil and at short distances so not having perfect posture does’nt really come into play in my experience.
    HTH

Last edited:
    Sep 28, 2023
    Darnestown, MD
    I posted this:
    "Just go to Amazon and search for item # B09NRHF1JS"

NB.- I have NO RELATION to the seller. This is a brand the OP found and I analyzed from the technical POV and he made the effort to buy and relate his experiences. All credit goes to COBRA.

HTH, keep well and shoot straight!

HM

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Vic scope is a basically no name China made scope I found off Amazon. Can’t find much info on it other then weakly translated instructions it came with.

For the cost I took a chance buying it.
    Was advertised as a night vision monocular with rifle scope adapters.
    Monocular scope mounts on scope via assorted spacers/shims to fit scope allowing you to look thru rifles scope and cross hairs of scope but with night vision view
    Point of aim and I pa t to not change since you are still looking thru rifles scope. Not nv crosshairs which I have turned off via menu

No relation to maker of night vision,but so far works well on pellet gun and my ar’s rifle scope.
    Happy with cheap alternative to hi dollar deticated night vision scopes.
    Take it off use as nv monocular. Clamp it on rifles scope= night vision scope.

Simple concept , wonder why no other makers came up with it

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    As you can see the night vision scope adapter still allows you to use rifle scopes crosshairs fine
    Taken at 16 yards with my break barrel 22 cal pellet rifle at night.
    Only way to hunt them is at night in the dark

I scan yards with a 159.00 night owl binoculars ( amozon) then eliminate them with above mention n v scope adapter.
    Not counting pellet rifle less then 400.00 for entire night vision set up.
    Nothing high dollar but effective for just starting out on a budget as I am.

Attachments

• IMG_6586.jpeg
      IMG_6586.jpeg
      416.5 KB · Views: 14
    Sep 28, 2023
    Darnestown, MD
    As you can see the night vision scope adapter still allows you to use rifle scopes crosshairs fine
    Taken at 16 yards with my break barrel 22 cal pellet rifle at night.
    Only way to hunt them is at night in the dark

I scan yards with a 159.00 night owl binoculars ( amozon) then eliminate them with above mention n v scope adapter.
    Not counting pellet rifle less then 400.00 for entire night vision set up.
    Nothing high dollar but effective for just starting out on a budget as I am.
    Yes!

LOL!

Thanks for posting.

HM

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    It is fun hunting with NV but rather not have these critters to have to shoot lol.

However N V set up seems to work well.
    Loosen Allen screws on n v scope clamp, slide it off use as monocular then slip it back on scope, tighten screw and your back to N V vision scope.

Be nice if big name brand N V makers would offer this option of being able to easily adapter N V
    monocular so it attaches to a scope rather then having to buy dedicated night vision scope .
    Now if they only offered an inexpensive thermal monocular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom