• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    not many, if any, pro gun pro 2a folks in that audience. as noted above, this is just a super emotionally charged audience, and rightfully so after the horrible event, but really not a good place and time for a logical discussion/debate/argument.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I can see CNN taking even more flack for using these kids to propagate an agenda. I wonder how many people were told that they could not be on the stage because their views we're different.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Total shit show and complete pandering to one view. This kid would have killed his classmates one way or another.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I agree with you Jim. If this were really a town hall meeting for a nationwide audience they would have include a population that represented the diverse views of the nation. I think I’m about done now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Now I know why Rubio is there and not at CPAC. He is a liberal.
    Folks on this website were lamenting why Rubio or Cruz didn't win after saying that we couldn't rely on Trump for 2A issues after the Florida high school shooting. I can understand that sentiment with Cruz. But Rubio's proven he'd be as weak as Kasich. Not that I think that Cruz or Rubio could have beaten Clinton. Trump is very hard to nail down. He likely gets advice on gun issues directly from the NRA (he is loyal to those loyal to him), which is unfortunate for bump stocks (unless there is a rope-a-dope strategy to give the antis essentially nothing), but I think in the long run, he will show more stamina in being stubborn on 2A issues that matter to his base than Rubio ever would have been.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Question from female student - needs to go back to school . Will never feel safe again. Worst moment of life. Shootings more common than winning the lottery. Need Kevlar walls. Schools are cheaply build. Students only protected by drywall. Nelson's response was no assault weapons. More background checks. Student should not have that fear. Great strength coming out. Strength must override fear. I doubt Nelson will be around in the future.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That's what a Bumpstocks Ban will do (lead to a semi auto ban), but people are too dense to admit it.

No.

This shit show illustrates the problem: Rubio will vote for a bump stock ban. Rubio is in office for 5 more years.

Legislation will be horrid, poorly written , and probably ban competition triggers. Legislation would pass the Senate and House.

Banning bump stocks via the BATFE is done through a friendly administration and will be narrow. And most importantly, heads off legislation.

Legislation will lead to a semi auto ban. Regulation through the BATFE, will contain the damage.

Its not that people care so much about bump stocks, or not. Its all about damage control. If BATFE does nothing, we get legislation. Not a damn thing we can do about people like Rubio who are in office for 5 more years.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Question from female student - needs to go back to school . Will never feel safe again. Worst moment of life. Shootings more common than winning the lottery. Need Kevlar walls. Schools are cheaply build. Students only protected by drywall. Nelson's response was no assault weapons. More background checks. Student should not have that fear. Great strength coming out. Strength must override fear. I doubt Nelson will be around in the future.
    Anyone ask Nelson how he and fellow elected "leaders" are protected? I can't stomach turning on this sh1t show.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Student who enlisted in the Army. Bashing governor for not coming out. Never again movement. Needs both sides to come together. Believes big issue is large capacity magazines. Rubio reconsidering position to not reduce capacity. In other words entertaining magazine limits. If magazines were limited, more people would have survived. Also mentioned some handguns have 17 rounds. Would have make the attack less lethal. Rubio says he will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom