• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Well, damn. I thought Dana was incredible. Calm, collected, sympathetic to parents who lost children, and smart as hell. And she owned that clown sheriff.

[edit] Also brave as hell to represent the NRA in that warped environment. [/edit]

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Dana back to red flags. Mentions that most were identified prior to the incident. Audience booing facts. Access to firearms should not be limited due to the acts of crazy people

Facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts...

FEELINGZZ!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Problem they don't want to listen to facts, only want their 2 minutes of fame on the Telly. See all the other "kids" in the background just texting or playing candy crush. Looks like the democraps during the state of the union address. They have an agenda, they have a handpicked audience and they have a has been failed in your face sheriff whose looking more to deflect blame then answer the issues.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Again, I have sympathy for the actual victims and their families.

But the rest of their community overplayed its sympathy card, and it appears more than ever that some of them (Sheriff's office, and those who knew he was a problem and failed to stop him) actually have blood on their hands; and the rest of the community is covering for them. Maybe out of guilt.

This guy was one of them. Until he wasn't.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Hate the ******* Israel trying to cutdown Dana. Says he has to keep people safe. Why the fvck did he ignore all the calls on the shooter. Funny not being mentioned. He also just admitted he's not a member of the NRA.

Well, he is trying to keep the heat elsewhere and not on his department.

FunInMD

Jul 18, 2015
    I’m actually down in Miami on travel and watched on the local ABC station. It’s been coverage all day long from every reporter. Emotional? Absolutely, I get sick thinking about this if it were my kids. I can understand the mental anguish of those folks but it does not make for a productive discussion/town hall.

Follow up news clip from local station was another student who came up with his own question (along the lines of employing vets as security guards) but CNN said no and gave a scripted set of question. He chose not to attend.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Whats truly bizarre and unsettling is the singular focus on gun control in the aftermath of the shooting makes people almost forget how much responsibilities the school administration, FBI and local police bear for this tragedy.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Those that scream about white privilege, sure haven't been afraid to use it recently.

Love how Rubio just cemented a magazine ban here.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Whats truly bizarre and unsettling is the singular focus on gun control in the aftermath of the shooting makes people almost forget how much responsibilities the school administration, FBI and local police bear for this tragedy.

I'd like to see a town hall meeting on this. The other side wants to blame the NRA as a bogeyman. However the NRA didn't get any of the red flags, didn't directly interact with the shooter multiple times, and didn't identify him as a threat that needed to be removed from school. Who did? Well those are the folks whose feet need to be held to the fire.

I think there needs to be an outside investigation of the sheriff's department. What they knew and how they acted on the information.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom