• ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    REMINDER: MARYLAND SENATE JUDICIARY
    COMMITTEE TO HEAR GUN BILLS FEBRUARY 7th
    -Join NRA-ILA Next Tuesday at the Capitol-

February 7th is fast approaching! And we need as many Pro-Gun advocates as we can get at the Capitol to
    testify against bills that will even further tread on the 2nd Amendment Rights of every Marylander.
    The Bills will be heard at 1:00pm, on February 7th.
    The NRA-ILA has Reserved Conference Room 415 in the James Senate Office Building the
    day of the hearing. We will be there from 9:00am until Noon. All Pro-2A individuals are
    welcome.
    11 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401

We will have free NRA Gear, information on how to become more involved, Membership Sign-Ups and
    More! Please RSVP to help us get a rough head count.

In order to enter the building, you must provide a valid photo ID and pass through a security scanner.
    To testify before the committee, you have to have a MyMGA Tracking Account and MUST SIGN UP
    ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6th FROM 8AM to 3PM

To sign up for a MyMGA Account, Click HERE.(Please do not put NRA in the "Organization" field,
    unless instructed otherwise).
    We will send you a reminder email on February 6th about Registering to Testify.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 703-304-5114.
    In Freedom,
    Skye Riggleman
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NC,VA,WV,MD,DE

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Two thoughts:
    Who?
    And
    Too little too late.

This from a life member of 40 years.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Something about reserving a conference room in the Senate office building seems off to me. Having a hard time putting it into words. One, I can't imagine the MD Senate allowing a group like Patriot Picket to set up in the belly of the beast. Two, it almost feels like the Chinese embassy renting out an office to Taiwan. Is the MGA usually this accommodating to opposition groups? Does the NRA just have that much pull? I'm completely ignorant on these matters.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    At this point, their presence does more harm than good. Definately in this state. There are a lot of other pro 2A organizations out there that don't have the stink of the NRA.

I'm a NRA instructor in Rifle, Shotgun and Pistol. If I could find another organization to credential me, I would in a heartbeat.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    It's been done before. The NRA-ILA representative is a registered lobbyist in Annapolis, working along with MSI and MSRPA. They have reserved a room on gun bill days before, a lot of us were in their room in 2013.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Something about reserving a conference room in the Senate office building seems off to me. Having a hard time putting it into words. One, I can't imagine the MD Senate allowing a group like Patriot Picket to set up in the belly of the beast. Two, it almost feels like the Chinese embassy renting out an office to Taiwan. Is the MGA usually this accommodating to opposition groups? Does the NRA just have that much pull? I'm completely ignorant on these matters.
    Perfectly legit, the legislature cannot prevent an organization from using public space in any of the buildings, unless the space is already reserved by another group/purpose.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Perfectly legit, the legislature cannot prevent an organization from using public space in any of the buildings, unless the space is already reserved by another group/purpose.
    Cool, thanks for explaining it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's been done before. The NRA-ILA representative is a registered lobbyist in Annapolis, working along with MSI and MSRPA. They have reserved a room on gun bill days before, a lot of us were in their room in 2013.

These .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    At this point, their presence does more harm than good. Definately in this state. There are a lot of other pro 2A organizations out there that don't have the stink of the NRA.

I'm a NRA instructor in Rifle, Shotgun and Pistol. If I could find another organization to credential me, I would in a heartbeat.
    Agreed. I too am an instructor and RSO. Unfortunately, the NRA is poison in this state. The organization I volunteer my services require the NRA certs. I don't make a penny from them.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    There are many oars in the boat. I don't mind another set of hands on one of them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That was Shannon. EVERYONE knew Shannon because she was present, and worked WITH MSI, MSRPA, and AGC. There were many late night dinners in 2013 with all the groups present.

I know, I’m preaching to the choir.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That was Shannon. EVERYONE knew Shannon because she was present, and worked WITH MSI, MSRPA, and AGC. There were many late night dinners in 2013 with all the groups present.

I know, I’m preaching to the choir.
    Yep, she was very good at her job.

That's why she was identified as a threat, and was subjected to threats against herself and her family.

Let's no lose sight of the determination of our opponents. They understand the necessity of disarming the population; they learn from history, while their supporters buy the easy lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom