• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I completed the NRA PPOTH course today, after having the PPITH course a month or so ago. These are great courses if you've not taken them, especially if you have already taken the Basic Pistol course. I believe the next course in the progression is the Advanced Defensive Pistol.

I took the Personal Protection classes with NRA Master Training Counselor Ben Kelkye at the Frederick IWLA, and he was assisted by three NRA Training Counselors, and at least another four NRA Personal Protection Instructors. There were nine students in the class, so with a 1-1 instructor to student ratio, it was a fantastic class with everyone getting focused attention & great feedback. By the end of everything, not one of us wasn't comfortable drawing from concealed carry, to include from a shoulder bag, as well as understanding the full consequences of carrying as there is a significant amount of daily carry experience represented on this team. Legal ramifications were also very clearly laid out & discussed with the class by an attorney from the Dept. of Justice.

By the way, ALL the proceeds from these classes go toward funding the youth group sponsored by the Frederick IWLA, so not one of these people takes a dime from your fees, & the group isn't turning a profit, but are spreading the knowledge, skills, & attitude for proper & safe firearm use, & helping fund a great group of kids.

Last edited:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Who was the attorney present for the legal section? Ben was using one of the Frederick County judges the last time I was there.

In any case, he was good. Ben and the IWLA training team put on a great course.

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Who was the attorney present for the legal section? Ben was using one of the Frederick County judges the last time I was there.

In any case, he was good. Ben and the IWLA training team put on a gppd course.

Who is this and how did you access Mike's login account?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    LOL

Just one old tired TC who missed the last sentence!

I was hoping it may have been one of our friends from the NRA!

Glad every thing is going well for you guys.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I appreciate all the effort the folks at the Frederick IWLA put into all of their firearm and 2nd Amendment classes.

I wish the AGC could be as focused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom