• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    For those new to handguns or who want to attend a much better than average HQL class. My friend and firearms instructor/mentor Kirby Bowling (GAPP Strategies - www.gappstrategies.com) is teaching an NRA Basic Pistol class that also satisfies the HQL class requirement. The class is 8 hours and includes classroom time at Kirby's place in the Laurel / Columbia area (approx. 1/2 mile from intersection of Rt. 29 and Johns Hopkins Rd.) followed by range time at the AGC range in Marriottsville.

Kirby is a veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. His experience includes: Over 26 years of military and US federal law enforcement experience including international policing assignments in 4 countries; military combat tours in Iraq & Afghanistan; SWAT commander and hostage negotiator; Instructor, Joint Law Enforcement and Training Center; Instructor, Marine Corps Command and Staff College; CDET, Marine Air Ground Task Force Expeditionary Operations. All-around great guy and fine instructor.

Class time 8 AM - 5 PM Tuesday March 21. Cost is $185. Register at:

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For those new to handguns or who want to attend a much better than average HQL class. My friend and firearms instructor/mentor Kirby Bowling (GAPP Strategies - www.gappstrategies.com) is teaching an NRA Basic Pistol class that also satisfies the HQL class requirement. The class is 8 hours and includes classroom time at Kirby's place in the Laurel / Columbia area (approx. 1/2 mile from intersection of Rt. 29 and Johns Hopkins Rd.) followed by range time at the AGC range in Marriottsville.

Kirby is a veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. His experience includes: Over 26 years of military and US federal law enforcement experience including international policing assignments in 4 countries; military combat tours in Iraq & Afghanistan; SWAT commander and hostage negotiator; Instructor, Joint Law Enforcement and Training Center; Instructor, Marine Corps Command and Staff College; CDET, Marine Air Ground Task Force Expeditionary Operations. All-around great guy and fine instructor.

Class time 8 AM - 5 PM Tuesday March 21. Cost is $185. Register at:

FYI, companies pay 300 dollars a year to advertise in the forum becoming an Industry Partner.

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    I will pass that on to Kirby and recommend he do that. He doesn't frequent the mdshooters Forums (nor any others as far as I know), and didn't ask me to post this. If it violates Forum rules, my apologies, but it is on me, not Kirby. BTW, he is a true patriot, which should be obvious from the brief bio I included in the post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom