NRA Instructor for NJ Live Fire Qual - Found One!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    UPDATE - Found an Instructor

Any NRA Pistol Instructors within a 30 mile radius of Elkton MD that can certify my wife and I for NJ Live Fire Course?

You don't have to be a NJ Instructor, you just have to be an NRA Pistol Instructor.

Heck, if more people are interested we can turn it into a NJ range qual day?

I'm not looking for a freebie, I'm happy to pay for someone's valuable time.

My wife and I have over 80 hours of training for carry permit classes. I'm not trying to take shortcuts.

All we need is a live fire course for both of us. With our skills it will take a total of 20 mins at a range to finish the qualification.

Here is an example of a live fire course.
    FB_IMG_1658111501007.jpg

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    OP I'm glad to see you have the dedication to run down the NJ nonsense but I have to say with their past open defiance of LEOSA I don't think I'd ever carry there. If they ignore the rights of LEO to carry I cant imagine theyll respect ours regardless of the law. Not that I go to NJ anyways. Whole state sucks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    OP I'm glad to see you have the dedication to run down the NJ nonsense but I have to say with their past open defiance of LEOSA I don't think I'd ever carry there. If they ignore the rights of LEO to carry I cant imagine theyll respect ours regardless of the law. Not that I go to NJ anyways. Whole state sucks
    I have heard many horror stories, and I share your concern, but we are pushing forward.

What's funny is the current NJ requirements are easier than MD, D.C., MA, CT, and UT.

If we are ever arrested for carrying anywhere, there will be video of the incident.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    NJ was just sued and held in favor that retirees living in Jersey can carry under LEOSA.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have heard many horror stories, and I share your concern, but we are pushing forward.

What's funny is the current NJ requirements are easier than MD, D.C., MA, CT, and UT.

If we are ever arrested for carrying anywhere, there will be video of the incident.
    Watch requirements tighten now. They probably left them lax since they never issued them anyways. Now that they have to...

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Ya guess you’ll be carry FMJs since doesn’t NJ prohibit JHPs outside your home?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Watch requirements tighten now. They probably left them lax since they never issued them anyways. Now that they have to...
    I would bet on it. They will probably do what MD and DC did and make it 16 hours. Hopefully instructors start to offer combined classes for MD, DC, and NJ

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    So that little plastic tip makes it not a hollow point. Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have to deal with this BS.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So that little plastic tip makes it not a hollow point. Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have to deal with this BS.
    It would be nice if there was no ammo restrictions. I dont agree with the HP stuff, but ill take critical defense 9mm over ball 9mm.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    We don't have to deal with the jhp issue in Maryland. Nor jersey since the critical duty or Defense fits the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom