• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I got this today, and acted on it. Spam the MD House Appropriations Committee. :party29:

Maryland: House Committee to Hear Anti-Self-Defense Bill Next Week

On Tuesday, January 31 at 1:00pm, the House Appropriations Committee is scheduled to hear anti-gun legislation revived after failing last year in the Senate.

House Bill 159, sponsored by Delegate Ben Barnes, would ban the possession or carrying of firearms on college campuses. Those with wear and carry permits do not present a threat to public safety, as they are one of the most law abiding segments of the population. Current law already allows each university to set its own policy regarding the carrying or possession of firearms. This legislation is a blanket prohibition that disallows schools from using discretion on their campus.

Not only does this legislation attempt to dictate the rules that universities must abide by, it also imposes extreme penalties, including fines, up to 3 years in prison, as well as the potential loss of your Second Amendment rights. A simple mistake in transiting a college campus could lead to the lifetime loss of a Constitutional right. Maryland citizens who are otherwise authorized to carry a firearm for self-defense will be prohibited from doing so and must make the choice between defending their lives and risking the loss of their firearms rights entirely in order to attend classes or events on campus.

Please click the “Take Action” button above to contact members of the House Appropriations Committee and politely urge them to oppose House Bill 159. If you are able, please attend the hearing and voice your opposition to this unnecessary anti-gun bill.

The linky: https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=1434

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What's the justification for putting it in Appropriations?

I don't always get their rationale but, if this is shenanigans, we need to call them on it.

The rational last year and this year is anything dealing with education goes to the House Appropriations Committee, and since this is an on campus issue it has "everything" to do with education. :sad20:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The rational last year and this year is anything dealing with education goes to the House Appropriations Committee, and since this is an on campus issue it has "everything" to do with education. :sad20:

If this is isolated to "education", then the universities should be able to use their own policies to control their students and teachers. Wasn't the ban of firearms on school grounds(K-12) proposed in the public safety committee?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If this is isolated to "education", then the universities should be able to use their own policies to control their students and teachers. Wasn't the ban of firearms on school grounds(K-12) proposed in the public safety committee?

House Judiciary Committee - Yes. And Chairman Valario was pissed that this bill was was given to another committee so that it would "Pass" out of committee.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We have a confrontation plan for this Insider Fix as described by the NRA above, so jump in!

A week from now, we have TWO opportunities to DIRECTLY confront MARYLAND'S WORST GUN GRABBERS at the legislature.

On Monday night, Jan. 30th, the Patriot Picket forms up to catch the lawmakers at Lawyer's Mall as they cross the street from their offices to attend their night session at the Statehouse. You can make your own sign and bring it or hold one of ours. We form up at 7:30pm--a time that folks with day jobs can make without too much hassle. Check out our thread on "Man Up Mondays!!":

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=205454

Then, the next day, on Tuesday Jan. 31st at 11am, MOMS DEMANDING ACTION will hold their legislative rally at the Statehouse at 11am. THE PATRIOT PICKET WILL BE THERE TO CONFRONT THEIR STUPIDITY WITH FACTS, SO JOIN US! As always you can grab a Patriot Picket sign or bring one of your own.

On Tuesday morning Jan. 31st, let's be in place by 10:30am. At the time we will be there, the Maryland Senate will also be crossing the street to get to their session so they are our audience too!

See you on the Bricks to fight for 2A in 2017!

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpg
      IMG_2822.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 945
    Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    She is Jen Pauliukonis, a MOM DEMANDING ACTION who now runs "Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence".

Attachments

• IMG_6543.jpg
      IMG_6543.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 948

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    She is Jen Pauliukonis, a MOM DEMANDING ACTION who now runs "Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence".

Jen's actually quite nice.

Ideas and policy are fair, but Jen's not an evil offspring of satan looking to harm anyone. She believes she is doing good work, and we happen to disagree. As much as we disagree on approach, we both all doing "the right thing".

All that said, body-slam the broken logic she espouses, pin it to the wall and then fill every gaping hole in logic with fact. :)

I am suggesting to target the argument, not the person.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    BS. You couldn't be more wrong. She's an idiot of the 1st degree and like so many liberals defies logic. Many people have tried to talk to her and educate her with facts to no avail.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Jen's actually quite nice.

Ideas and policy are fair, but Jen's not an evil offspring of satan looking to harm anyone. She believes she is doing good work, and we happen to disagree. As much as we disagree on approach, we both all doing "the right thing".

All that said, body-slam the broken logic she espouses, pin it to the wall and then fill every gaping hole in logic with fact. :)

I am suggesting to target the argument, not the person.

I would say that your opinion had more credence before she, Liz and their sock puppet monkey boy started monitoring the HPRB meetings.

Barring the occasional poor sap who is prohibited in MD, but not the rest of the free world for the high crime and misdemeanor of getting caught with some happy weed 35 years ago in VA, that everyone who walks through those doors are among the most law abiding in the country. Yet they have told us that they have no interest in shining the MPGV light of truth on the Nolle Pros revolving door of justice in Baltimore City.

They are spending "their limited resources", their words, documenting the fortunate few who have successfully navigated the minefield of MD 2A law and happen to receive a favorable verdict from the HPRB. Make no mistake, their goal, as I'm sure you know, is total and complete gun confiscation.

There has not been an avalanche of personal attacks directed towards any of these women on MDS and for you to call out a guy who tirelessly is the literal tip of the spear in the public fight for our 2A rights in this state is extremely off putting.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Let's be clear, none of the Moms in Need of Action are "doing the right thing." If you think someone is being nice while trying to restrict and infringe on your fundamental right to self-defense, you are missing the enemy right in front of your face!

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    If she's made it personal then count me corrected. My dealings with her in the past were not personally acrimonious (quite the opposite). But if she's morphed into something else, I'm glad to be informed.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If she's made it personal then count me corrected. My dealings with her in the past were not personally acrimonious (quite the opposite). But if she's morphed into something else, I'm glad to be informed.

You just don't get it, which is why I am glad you no longer speak for anyone other than yourself.

She is a Frosh-hole, and has made it personal by being an intractable enemy when it comes to a Constitutional right she despises.

YOU can sit down with her for "coffee talk" until you drown from Moca Lattes, but she ain't coming around.

While you are busy offering foot rubs... I, and quite a few others, will dispense with useless pleasantries, and treat these vacuous "Moms" with the same disdain they reserve for us.

You are obviously bedazzled with their coquettish smiles.

I only see their teeth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom