• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I talked to a number of people there, but was not sure who was MDS or not. Mainly talked to other 3-gun shooters, some I knew and some I did not. Didn't like shooting the 15-22 w/iron sights. One reason I took them off mine and installed red dots/scopes. I liked the M&P 22 pistol. Only had one miss with that on Stage 1 and none on Stage 2. Shot my own 3-gun 9mm Bul M-5 in the Bianchi Stage 2. Was under the par 6s time on both runs but the plates were not as easy to knockdown with a 9mm as with a .45. Did manage to get one in the black with their .45 on the Bianchi mover stage.

They told us in the safety briefing that you had to use their guns to shoot the Bianchi stages. Good for you.

For clarification on the air soft thing in case the NRA runs this event again locally, they had an air soft section set up for kids.

Overall a very well run event.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    3 gun

I had a great time, went through the 2 stages, and thought it was a great into to 3 gun. Something I've been wanting to try for quite a while. They said that they have 3 gun there regularly, and I signed up to their mailing list to be informed in the future. I wish there was something closer but if I stay at my parents house in Hagerstown, it wouldn't be too bad.

Really felt like I was in a different country, since they had handguns for sale that if I was a WV resident and a pocket full of cash I could have had the NICS check done and walked out the door with one, in fact I could have strapped it on and open carried it out the door if I wanted too......

I'm soooo ready to move.

Chris Rummel

Oh yeah and they also had this stuff on the shelves called ammo......haven't seen that many boxes of .223 in quite a while.

Last edited:

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Thanks MDS community. Please pass the word on Peacemaker National. It was good to see the other side of the Potomac represented. I was the RSO with the goofy red medical bag on my back. Thank you for not needing me. If I can gain enough interest, I will plan a MDS shoot at Peacemaker National. HTA will come see you this week.

Molan Labe

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    me too

^
    So would I, great range, geared towards long range stuff too. I believe that they have a 1000yrd range as well as a 600.

They have a great little gunshop on site too. I really wish the AGC had one, I also wish they had 3 gun ranges at AGC too.

If/when I move to the panhandle, I will likely get a membership there, the yearly fee is a bit steep but it is dropping as they get more sponsors. The NRA is planning more events there in the future as well.

Chris Rummel

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    ^
    So would I, great range, geared towards long range stuff too. I believe that they have a 1000yrd range as well as a 600.

They have a great little gunshop on site too. I really wish the AGC had one, I also wish they had 3 gun ranges at AGC too.

If/when I move to the panhandle, I will likely get a membership there, the yearly fee is a bit steep but it is dropping as they get more sponsors. The NRA is planning more events there in the future as well.

Chris Rummel

Chris $200 for the year, is well worth it. If you're planning on moving closer I wouldn't wait too long. They are talking about closing the membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom