Now the Pope wants to "ban all weapons"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No joke, I've known 5 Sikh in my life, all 5 were completely badass and simultaneously the nicest people I've ever been around. Unfortunately, they all also moved away.

I cringe every time someone uses 'turban' and 'Muslim' in the same sentence.

Beware the man wearing a turban and wielding a kirpan. He is not Muslim. But if he mistakes you for one, you got problems.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maybe we need a new commandment. Something like "Thou Shall Not Kill".
    Never mind, God already thought of that one.

I believe the actual meaning has been altered in translation from "thou shalt not murder."

Similarly it's not forbidden to lie, but perjury is forbidden.

My Sikh religion tells all members in my faith to keep weapons and train with them. So the Pope is free to express whatever he desires.

I was getting gas in New Jersey and the attendant was a Sikh. Out of curiosity, I asked if a kirpan was exempt from New Jersey's concealed weapon laws. He lifted his shirt and proudly stated that, by law, Sikhs can carry their kirpan in New Jersey.
    I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'll leave instructions to my ancestors to disarm 100 years AFTER the Pope gets rid of his private army, removed the Vatican wall, and removes all weapons from the Vatican City.

No joke, I've known 5 Sikh in my life, all 5 were completely badass and simultaneously the nicest people I've ever been around. Unfortunately, they all also moved away.

I cringe every time someone uses 'turban' and 'Muslim' in the same sentence.

Beware the man wearing a turban and wielding a kirpan. He is not Muslim. But if he mistakes you for one, you got problems.

I agree. Sikhs are the most level headed and kind gentlemen who (if necessary) will not hesitate to protect their families with force.
    They fit my definition of a manly man to a T.

Zeke

Teach your children well
    Jul 16, 2014
    Sharpsburg
    The Beatles were in the right place at the right time with the right amount of control over the entire world (some say they were bigger than God himself), and couldn't make it happen:

"Nothing to kill or die for,
    And no religion too.
    Imagine all the people
    living life in peace,"
    -Imagine, by John Lennon

I personally don't think any world leader, be they religious, political, financial, or otherwise, is going to change human nature with a Tweet spewed upon the Internet.

"If you want peace, prepare to defend yourself."

Cheers,
    -Cadre
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"We have met the enemy and he is us." --Walt Kelly (1913-1973)

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    The Beatles were in the right place at the right time with the right amount of control over the entire world (some say they were bigger than God himself), and couldn't make it happen:

"Nothing to kill or die for,
    And no religion too.
    Imagine all the people
    living life in peace,"
    -Imagine, by John Lennon

I personally don't think any world leader, be they religious, political, financial, or otherwise, is going to change human nature with a Tweet spewed upon the Internet.

"If you want peace, prepare to defend yourself."

Cheers,
    -Cadre
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"We have met the enemy and he is us." --Walt Kelly (1913-1973)

"Imagine" is basically the Communist Manifesto put to music. It was Lennon alone, don't blame The Beatles.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Please don't let this become a religion-bashing thread.

Waaay too late.

When I am elected Pope, not only will everyone get CCW, but also a weekly rasher of corned beef and pastrami.

Aoologies to Lankester Merrin.

I'm working on sending up the white smoke now. But I'm not sure why Merrin might be offended by your post. Please illuminate me. Was he a pork guy?

And, thanks for all the info on Sikhs. I did not know about them and did some research. Good stuff.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The pope can say what he wants. Higher authorities have already addressed the issue.

Attachments

• 20150812_130622_20150813104025217.jpg
      20150812_130622_20150813104025217.jpg
      80.1 KB · Views: 276

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads