• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    I do not think volts matter. Even though these generate a billion volts, the actual voltage that crosses the air or through skin is about 50,000 (resistance). What matters is the amps behind it and delivered charge, maybe through clothing. Most of these are in the 3 milli amp range, they will not kill you.

What I would like to see is tests with clothing to see if the charge really makes it through.

I would suggest a self test. Turn it on and put it in your pants pocket. When you least expect it, your leg will manipulate the unit at some point to deliver a "put you on you @$$" kind of shock of your life. If you live, the current is EXTREMELY low, if you die, you got more than a 1 amp jolt. Are you game? :lol::lol::lol:

The link to the explanation as to how they work is listed above. You might try reading it but if you want me to prove it, I shall!!!

Another link...

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/07/how-the-human-body-generates-electricity/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...nerates-electricity-fuel-iPhone-70-hours.html

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My concern in relation to clothes is in regard to leather and rubberized jackets. Will a stun gun work through a leather jacket or a raincoat with a rubberized or latex outer layer?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If probe delivery from a TASER, good wide spread (more the better) and direct contact. Anything less will not serve as intended, muscular interruption.

If drive stun, only for pain compliance. Again, good skin contact is desired.

Clothes, and certainly layers of or thick, will render neither delivery method effective.

Furthermore, there are cases were even good deployments will not incapacitate. Search YT for the stuff to get an idea of what to expect with these electric delivery type less-lethal options.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    If probe delivery from a TASER, good wide spread (more the better) and direct contact. Anything less will not serve as intended, muscular interruption.

If drive stun, only for pain compliance. Again, good skin contact is desired.

Clothes, and certainly layers of or thick, will render neither delivery method effective.

Furthermore, there are cases were even good deployments will not incapacitate. Search YT for the stuff to get an idea of what to expect with these electric delivery type less-lethal options.

WELL PUT!!!

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    My delivery spots of preference would be temple or heart area if at all possible. With the extremely high voltage, it could severely interrupt natural electron flow the body produces. My design of choice would be the 999MV Sting Fist Stun Gun...more stealthy, easier to deliver surprise than the flashlight type and an absolutely devastating damn near 1GV of incapacitation!!!!! They'll want to hold the wires of a floor lamp just to get some relief!!! :lol::lol::innocent0:innocent0:party29::party29:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My delivery spots of preference would be temple or heart area if at all possible. With the extremely high voltage, it could severely interrupt natural electron flow the body produces. My design of choice would be the 999MV Sting Fist Stun Gun...more stealthy, easier to deliver surprise than the flashlight type and an absolutely devastating damn near 1GV of incapacitation!!!!! They'll want to hold the wires of a floor lamp just to get some relief!!! :lol::lol::innocent0:innocent0:party29::party29:

I wonder if the MDSP would classify that in the brass knuckles group of prohibited devices.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Buy them the "Taser Pulse", with a kydex holster

It has a 15 feet standoff, and will continue working for 30 seconds allowing them to escape. Once the Pulse has been fired, it has backup electrodes, if a secondary jolt is needed.

would this need to be concealed by a shirt or could I wear it openly on my belt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom