• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I recieved my " give us a G&S in 30 Days or else " letter. But did not recieve a funal Denieal letter. Neither did my god friend and co-worker who literally applied the same moment I did.

Are we accidentally in a priveledled sub-group ? Did the USPS loose both of our letters ? Has MSP quietly resumed holding some of the apps ?

I was psyched to request a full review Board hearing , but silence.

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    I'm in the same boat, I'm guessing the MSP is taking their time processing the hundreds of last minute G&S submissions.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Same for me. I had intended to provide additional G&S (carrying currency for the store where I work) but the 30 day notice came while I was out of town for a couple of weeks and no sooner had I gotten back, I was knocked out of commission with a spinal cord injury so the 30 days lapsed. Since the injury affected the nerves in my shooting hand and it may be a long while before I get anywhere near normal use out of it again, I'd probably have a difficult time explaining how I would use the concealed firearm to an MSP interviewer anyway! :lol2:

I guess I can always apply again if I decide to to stay in this state, which is becoming less and less likely with each additional tax and reduction of individual freedom Annapolis keeps dishing out.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Some have gotten full denials back already, and are sending in appeal requests.

I'm still waiting on an answer to my "justification".

I believe the full denials issued to date are for those that supplied insufficient (by MSPs standards) G&S. Had they not submitted G&S, they would still be waiting.
    P.S. no denial or permit here today either.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At least it's not just me , or didn't get lost as my local PO frequently does.

Sorry to hear about your injury SBMike. Cue into a general PSA for everyone how it's a good idea to learn/ maintain skills with weak hand only shooting , to be able to at least handle basic self defense to at least moderate distances.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I recieved my " give us a G&S in 30 Days or else " letter. But did not recieve a funal Denieal letter. Neither did my god friend and co-worker who literally applied the same moment I did.

Are we accidentally in a priveledled sub-group ? Did the USPS loose both of our letters ? Has MSP quietly resumed holding some of the apps ?

I was psyched to request a full review Board hearing , but silence.

Me too. same position.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I am in the same boat. Did not provide G&S because the constitution is not recognized in the PRoMd and i dont have a "justifiable" cause to want to not be a victim. Thought for sure i woulda had a denial letter by now. But fully plan to take it to the review board.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I can easily believe we are closer to the bottom of the pile. The larger question is why it matters.

Since the letters are printed , and not even signed , it would seemingly be a simple matter to just hit print for the whole stack.

Are they expecting and planning for mass Review Board hearings ? Pacing the letters to the pace that the Review Board can hold hearing so that we can't claim a due process issue over lack of timely hearing ? That could backfire on them if somthing favorable happens in Court before our letters do.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I believe the full denials issued to date are for those that supplied insufficient (by MSPs standards) G&S. Had they not submitted G&S, they would still be waiting.
    P.S. no denial or permit here today either.

In my case, I was denied after sending in a request for extension to their G&S letter to confer with legal counsel (sent prior to their imposed deadline). Their only answer was to send the F-Off letter and not even acknowledge the other request.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's Here !

The Disapproval letter arrived, postmarked 6/27.
    Will be sending request for the Review Board.

gfmgp

Oct 19, 2010
    Just got my Disapproved letter. I can't wait untill I am able to move out of this free state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom