• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I was at the Severn Wally World this morning and noticed the knife display was completely empty. Even the price stickers were removed from the holders. What's up with that? Are they going to stop selling knives? :mad54:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Store Reset? I worked for Wally World many years ago and we had to do store resets about every 6 months. I once asked management why we needed to keep moving everything. The answer I got was that way the customers were forced to look around for what they wanted and would make impulse buys in the process.

Years later I realized that the resets were necessary to make everything fit into the limited space available. With new products coming out and others being discontinued on a regular basis it really made a lot of sense.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I donno. Not a single knife in the case. I thought maybe they dicided to stop selling knives.......for the children.
    What you say makes sense I guess.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    White marsh had a bunch of knives... but they are using the ammo case.... nothing but shotgun shells in there...fyi

Sent from my Galaxy S3

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    It would not surprise me at all...Walmart is all about liability...and they have to be. Given how much backlash folding knives get in terms of mass-media coverage, selling them is directly related to PR and liability. Also, many of the assisted knives they sell are often interpreted as automatics and an automatic is equated with a 'switchblade' used only by criminals...and they do not sell them in all locations. Walmart is more than aware that political climates vary by locale given they spend small fortunes on industrial psychology and PR, so it would not surprise me if they pulled them from most MD locations. But prolly for the best...there are much better knives within easy reach at places where most the models aren't in plastic packages so you can handle them before buying :)

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    Maybe they are making room for the massive amounts of ammo they are expecting to get in stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom