• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm not getting any email notifications for new messages. I'm using Outlook, IE 11 and Window 7 Pro. Since Comcast doesn't like MDS, I route my email notification through a Hotmail account. This has worked fine for a long time. This morning I received the notifications but when I would delete the email, each and every time, Outlook would freeze up and give me a "Not Responding" message. After about 10-15 seconds, the email message would delete and everything seemed normal. The next time I deleted an email message, I'd go through the same thing. Left the computer and did some honey do's and came back and I was not getting any notifications. I changed my email in the MDS User CP and back and it didn't improve. I have throughout the day gotten a few messages (about 4-5) on my Hotmail account but nowhere near what has been posted, but none forwarded to my Comcast account. I've got 2 problems, not all messages are getting to my Hotmail account and the messages that do aren't being forwarded to my Comcast account. I've checked for blocked senders etc. in both accounts and have not found anything that would cause this issue.

Anyone else have experience with this or are you experiencing the same issue. I know there's been a few flakey things going on with the board, so I don't know if it's something on my end or possibly something with the board.

Thanks for any help you can give.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know what's happening now. I just got a email notification on my Comcast account at 9:41 pm. It hit my Hotmail account at 2:44 pm this afternoon. So I guess I can cancel the MDS board as a possible issue. Now I need to figure out if my Hotmail account isn't forwarding or my Comcast account isn't receiving. What I can't figure out is how and why such a delay between the 2 accounts.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It looks like it's a Comcast issue. I just called and they said they were having email issues. I finally got an email from someone other than MDS and it only took 10 hours and 40 minutes for me to get it. Here I've been pulling my hair out to find out what I did to screw this thing up. COMCAST, the bane of my existence...

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    It looks like it's a Comcast issue. I just called and they said they were having email issues. I finally got an email from someone other than MDS and it only took 10 hours and 40 minutes for me to get it. Here I've been pulling my hair out to find out what I did to screw this thing up. COMCAST, the bane of my existence...

I used to have Verizon as my internet provider for quite a few years. Other than the occasional down wires, it was great. We switched to Comcast nearly two years ago and it took over a year to get the internet working reliably. Flipped filters, unwillingness to replace old infrastructure (old, crappy copper wires don't carry high speed signals), incompetent contractors who just wanted to cross us off of their list, and tech support who could barely say more than "unplug, wait, plug in". It was a complete mess. It works ok now, but maybe twice a week, our speeds will drop to like 5% of what they should be and just about anything internet related is impossible. Especially frustrating when using my Chromecast.

In short, screw Comcast.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Did you have any issues today with receiving emails today? Or am I the only luck Comcast customer on MDS to have issues?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Did you have any issues today with receiving emails today? Or am I the only luck Comcast customer on MDS to have issues?

I don't have (or maybe I have one, but I don't use it) a Comcast email account. So I wouldn't know. I know that I have gotten emails through my laptop and phone. So my internet is intact. Can't comment on Comcast-specific email services though

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't have (or maybe I have one, but I don't use it) a Comcast email account. So I wouldn't know. I know that I have gotten emails through my laptop and phone. So my internet is intact. Can't comment on Comcast-specific email services though

Okay thanks!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I just got off the phone with Comcast, because I've been having the same problems for a couple of days. They are having a MAJOR problem with their e-mail system, but they apparently do not know the cause or the extent of the problem. They are gathering information from customers who call in to see if it's a particular geographic area, or something else. I asked about when it's expected to be fixed and they have no idea. They said tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. In other words, the front line folks dealing with customers are being kept in the dark and are bearing the brunt of the customers' anger.

To be specific about my issues, I'm getting seriously delayed receipt of e-mail, or I'm not getting them at all. I can't send e-mails from my mobile devices; they go into an outbox and stay there. Test messages I send to myself take from 10 minutes to never to get to me. I made a couple of payments/appointments on-line and have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation. And one real oddity is that when I access my e-mail queue, the system still identifies me as "Guest" instead of my name.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got off the phone with Comcast, because I've been having the same problems for a couple of days. They are having a MAJOR problem with their e-mail system, but they apparently do not know the cause or the extent of the problem. They are gathering information from customers who call in to see if it's a particular geographic area, or something else. I asked about when it's expected to be fixed and they have no idea. They said tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. In other words, the front line folks dealing with customers are being kept in the dark and are bearing the brunt of the customers' anger.

To be specific about my issues, I'm getting seriously delayed receipt of e-mail, or I'm not getting them at all. I can't send e-mails from my mobile devices; they go into an outbox and stay there. Test messages I send to myself take from 10 minutes to never to get to me. I made a couple of payments/appointments on-line and have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation. And one real oddity is that when I access my e-mail queue, the system still identifies me as "Guest" instead of my name.

I'm experiencing everything but the Guest issue. I'm going to try for a partial refund of my bill. This is crazy.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    The latest is that I'm now receiving phishing attempts purporting to be from xfinity telling me my e-mails have been locked. I can unlock them by "clicking here". This sounds like it's much bigger than Comcast is willing to admit.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, I do believe there's a lot more to this story. I wonder what the REAL story is? Inquiring minds want to know!

Dec 31, 2012
    Interestingly I never used to receive MDS notifications but now I do(maybe due to board upgrade) but that is without any thanks to commiecast who is royally screwing up my normal deliveries.

So, bottom line:
    notifications from MDS now do work properly for me (the reason I'm here now is to answer one of them)
    but comcast is having some major major issues this week with email (long delays, sometimes hours for mine)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My longest delay was 10 hours and 40 minutes. That was yesterday. Today they've dropped a few test messages, but I think I'm getting most of the MDS notifications, albeit delayed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just when I think Comcast may have started to get their act together, I receive an email from 11:44 am. But that's 11:44 am yesterday. I received it at 6:12 pm today, so that's almost 30 hours and 30 minutes delay. WOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom