• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Crossed another one off the list over the holiday. I picked up an Egyptian Rasheed (Rashid) on the 4th. Took it for a test spin and it looks to be a good shooter, although it still seems to have some sand in some of the nooks and crannies that need my attention. Guess some folks mistake it for an SKS.... though anyone who knows anything about SKS's I think would recognize it is not an SKS even if they don't know what exactly it is. The rifling is not as strong as I've seen in some rifles but there is no pitting which worried me as the barrels on these aren't chromed lined I believe so that was a bit of a relief. From a standing position I was on the paper at 50 yards with some informal shooting.... I'll know more once I get it shooting from a bench, but hopefully it is as good or better then my SKS rifles. Depending on who you ask there were between 6,000 and 8,000 of these made in total and only approximately 2,000 imported to the US. Also a picture with its big sister, my Hakim.

Attachments

• 100_0300.jpg
      100_0300.jpg
      112.8 KB · Views: 262
    • 100_0301.jpg
      100_0301.jpg
      124 KB · Views: 264

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    How much did it cost?

I paid around what seems to be market these days.... 6 bills. I hate laying out that much $ as I'm always looking for a deal, but I've wanted one for a long time and well.... now I have one. Not every thing can be had for the same price it was 20 years ago... if it could I'd have to get a bigger safe. I've got plenty of food for it squirreled away too so it works out well.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Well, since we determined that your Rasheed is much cooler than a SKS, I would not trade either if I had that either :) . What a Beauty! One day I hope to add both of those to my collection.

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    very nice find, where did you end up finding it?
    Picked it up from a private individual out of state (I love my C&R FFL). I travel a fair amount and spend a lot of time in two firearms friendly states..... since a lot of travel is for work, I spend my free time in the evenings looking for new guns for the collection that can be had locally or online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom