• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    There should be a website that people can report suspicious activity like this and search by zipcode or via google maps overlay data.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    No the dogs don't bite, but my HK .40 SW does. How does that sound?

Sounds like I'll be coming to your house when you're not home.

The dogs always bite, the house is always locked and alarmed, and the neighborhood watch is in effect. Find out the county police's non-emergency number and have it ready. Worst thing that happens is the police investigate and find nothing.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    No the dogs don't bite, but my HK .40 SW does. How does that sound?

had meat seller come up to me when i was washing my car at my dad's in hoco once. all it took was me scratching my head and turning towards the house while i said i think we have all the meat we need for him and his beat up old truck to say thank you and walk off....course my holstered p99 revealed under my t-shirt when i lifted my arm up may have had something to do with it:innocent0 that dude was shifty and gave me a bad feeling.

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    course my holstered p99 revealed under my t-shirt when i lifted my arm up may have had something to do with it:innocent0

This brings up a question I've been wanting to ask. I know you are allowed (and saying "allowed" really bugs me) to have a loaded gun while on your property, but to what extent? I have been belting up my 945 and wearing it while I walk the dog in the front yard (he had surgery on both knees, can't go in the run with the other 3). Does it have to be visible? or should it be concealed?? I'm not exactly sure.
    Thanks for any info provided.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Hmm this is my neck of the woods, hope these scumbags don't go up long driveways. BTW I am home alot. I have been open carrying here lately, you know "in case of varmints" LOL. Other day knock at the door, was just a DNR cop asking to see my permission slip for this 1 property I trap on. Saw him again today on Harris Mill Rd, pulled over talking on his radio. I bet he is helping the county police by watching for these vehicles. Also I have noticed the county PD cars around a little more lately, yeah even on Harris Mill rd. Also Freeland Rd and on 439, as well as York rd.

Oh yeah I have dogs too LOL. My crazy red heeler likes to guard guns for me when I am not home.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    This brings up a question I've been wanting to ask. I know you are allowed (and saying "allowed" really bugs me) to have a loaded gun while on your property, but to what extent? I have been belting up my 945 and wearing it while I walk the dog in the front yard (he had surgery on both knees, can't go in the run with the other 3). Does it have to be visible? or should it be concealed?? I'm not exactly sure.
    Thanks for any info provided.

You can legally carry open or concealed on your own property. I do it all the time and the DNR guy didn't even care.

weldingshop

Jan 24, 2009
    ...so they've gone from, "hey bud, got a smoke?" to "hey, wanna buy some meat?"

video cameras, real obvious too. look up geovision....pretty cool.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    Hmm this is my neck of the woods, hope these scumbags don't go up long driveways.

remember, some lady on middletown road confronted a 'shed thief' and got whomped into a coma for her trouble.

Last edited:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Whats the details on the shed theif? I probably read about it if it was in the north county news, but if it was a good while back I'd have forgotten about it. One incident I do remember about is the cop who was nearly killed on Harris Mill Rd, that was over 20 years ago I think.

Well if I find someone rooting in one of our sheds I'd be investigating with one of my XD's on my hip. So far the only uninvited critter that I found in a shed here, was a mangey red fox that curled up and died.

The way these crimes have been going on, one of these days one of these crooks is going to break into the wrong house and get shot. Lots of cranky people with guns in these parts LOL. They would be best to esp avoid very long driveways, and any old farmhouses that have the farm still around them. Heck back in these places you can fire guns off at midnight and anyone hearing it thinks its raccoons-in-trash cleanup going on. I shot some rats last summer at 2 am LOL, nobody called anyone.

BTW I am going to put together a PA open carry lunch just over in York county, sometime in spring, probably at the New Freedom Restaurant. Any MD gun people can attend if they want, no requirement to carry, you can come and just experience those who do carry and carry openly. The PAFOA bunch are a real nice crowd.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Maybe we could post a couple signs to help prevent gun violence:innocent0

private-property-if-you-can-read-this-you-are-within-range-500x350.jpg

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Just be careful as to not be seen as brandishing your weapon. In our great Free State, if a neighbor called 911 to report a "man with a gun" you would get a visit from the police and have a hassle to deal with.

A friend of mine where's his when he mows the grass because it annoys his mother in-law who lives next door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom