• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I do plan on being there in the morning to shoot skeet and possibly hit the range afterwards. Wasn't planning on being there for "membership day" but I could stick around.

Trew2Life

Aug 15, 2012
    Berkeley County, WV
    I applied to the NAR&GC last week at their membership drive. I have to wait until the 17th for the final vote. It cost me $165 (including assessment fee) and my sponsor gave me the impression that the assessment fee was only a one time thing. I can't say that I was overly impressed with the intial tour of the range. I guess I was expecting something more 21st century/hi-tech-ish, but it serves the purpose and it's literally 10 minutes from my home, so that's a big plus. The membership drive seemed to be successful so perhaps those ranges won't be so empty in the near future. I know that I will be there at least every weekend. I was also contemplating the IWLA (another short drive for me). Based on some of the feedback here ... I hope I made the right choice.

BFMIN is a member at Izaak Walton, I sponsored him. That hundred bucks assessment fee...........you pay EVERY year at the rod and gun club. When you get signed in as a member, guess what? You pay another hundred bucks for initiation. The member who gets you to join, gets some knocked off his assessment, if you get enough members to join, you only pay the initial membership dues.

I got suckered in, but you may like the club I don't know, good luck.

Chasenificent

Designated Collector
    Jul 28, 2011
    Hagerstown MD
    Greenridge state park all the way

Not sure on rod and gun club, but IWL's layout sucks. All ranges in separate places, plus most members I run into there are real stuffy and stuck up concerning the rules. I acknowledge that I haven't met everyone, so please don't be offended by my comment.

If you go with rod and gun club let me know what ya think.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    There are some issues at the IWL, but it's mostly because they tried to get so much stuff into so little space. Mostly it's scheduling, but tyhe book in the main building seems to be 100% current & the on-line calendar is much better than the NARGC one.

As for stuffy I've yet to find that. Most of the shooters I've met there have been very friendly. I guess it's who you met & under what circumstances.

I'm looking to meet some members, so I can get sponsored. Could somebody please steer me in the right direction? Is there a good range event that I could volunteer my time for coming up?

B.

I live in Hagerstown and belong to Waynesboro Fish and Game
    10205 Fish And Game Rd, 17268-8820 Waynesboro, PA · (717) 762-4486

Great facilities and family friendly... stocked fishing pond, trap range, archery range, nice rifle range... they hold all kind of events... club trap tournament, trout contest, junior rifle tournament, a buck contest and also family events like a junior Christmas party, All you can eat hog fest and a Oyster Stag Feed.
    They only thing they don't have is inside shooting range....
    An extremely friendly bunch of people really care about getting kids involved....
    Also a damned site cheaper than North American..
    Dues structure is
    Junior (age 6-15) $17.00/yr... first year add $10.00 initiation fee
    Regular (age 16-59) $30.00/yr... first year add $30.00 initiation fee
    Senior (age 60+) $20.00/yr.. first year add $20.00 initiation fee

Antho

Jan 25, 2013
    I am a member there, and I like it. Everyone is very, very nice. (I think I may be one of the youngest people there though.. I'm almost 37). We like going to the Sportsman's Drawing every Thursday. It's a real good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom