• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatornick

Apr 6, 2013
    I didn't want to piggyback on the other mosin food thread. Anyone know where I can get a box of 7.62x54 that isn't steel ball. Steel casing is ok. I have a case of surplus, but I just want 1 box without steel to take to the range so I don't really want to pay a shipping charge. I am hoping somewhere in Calvert, Anne Arundel, or PG county has some. Also, does the Wolf or Brown Bear ammo I'm seeing online have steel? Thanks for any help.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Not sure on this, but I think the M80 Yugo heavy ball surplus qualifies, the guys in CA buy it for their ranges, unfortunately only can be had on the secondary market such as GB now.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, Yugo ammo is steel free.

Wolf, Tulammo, Brown Bear or any other Russian commercial stuff for that matter is not. They have bimetal jackets.

Sirex