• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Anyone else run in to this? I found a really good deal on a new old stock p229 form CDNN Sports and when I tried to checkout it would not complete the transaction. I assumed it was because it had 12 rounds mags. I just called them to see if they would ship with 12s because my FFL will accept them or switch out to 10 and I was told that they cannot ship handguns period to MD. Has anyone else heard of this type of restriction?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Sarco does (did?) the same thing. Annoying thing with CDNN is that they're a liquidator, so they sometimes wind up with some very interesting pieces at very low prices.

I have heard rumor that if your FFL orders directly from CDNN, they'll ship to MD in those circumstances. YMMV.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    saw it posted right on there website the other day sucks. I was wondering that Erwos. Someone post if they try it.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    CDNN is a low budget outfit. That's their shortcut for dealing with MD laws. At least one of our IP's has a PA shop. Maybe they could order it there, and ship it into MD?

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    The funny thing is that my FFL is a preferred dealer on their website and located in MD. The point is moot anyway. The item is now out of stock. :(

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I've seen that sort of thing. Just another argument for a national preemptive act.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Bud's is the same way. I missed a crazy good deal a few months back because they wouldn't ship. No amount of explaining would work. :(

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    CDNN is a low budget outfit. That's their shortcut for dealing with MD laws. At least one of our IP's has a PA shop. Maybe they could order it there, and ship it into MD?

Yeah, you can bounce it off a non-MD FFL. However, they may not sell a handgun to anyone with an MD billing address, even if it's going to a non-MD FFL. You'll either have to pay that FFL to do the ordering, or have a friend in that state order it to that FFL for you, and then the FFL sends it to your FFL (without your friend doing a 4473 or touching it).

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I've seen that several times on gunbroker. The sellers are ignorant of Maryland laws and too lazy to educate themselves, so they just write off the state.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    So I was at my FFL picking up another gun that I had purchased yesterday and was talking to him about it and he had a different take on it that never crossed my mind. He said that some of them do it as sort of a protest since MD has things like mag restrictions and won't take guns as they were produced. Kinda like until you change your rules you get nothing!

I understand it but think it just plays into the anti hand by reducing guns coming into the state. Not very helpful.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    He said that some of them do it as sort of a protest since MD has things like mag restrictions and won't take guns as they were produced. Kinda like until you change your rules you get nothing!
    When they refuse to sell to state entities, sure, that makes sense. When they refuse to sell to normal people in the state... it makes no sense.

With friends like that, we hardly need enemies.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I'm ok-ish with a business that says "We don't understand the law so we have decided to not take the risk."

What I find unacceptable is when they say it is AGAINST THE LAW and there is no evidence to support that claim.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm ok-ish with a business that says "We don't understand the law so we have decided to not take the risk."
    But 99% of the time, they've made no attempt whatsoever to understand the law, and don't care if anyone explains it to them. The only real question these guys need to ask is "could I be legally liable if I ship a banned gun to a MD FFL because the end buyer made a mistake assessing its legality?" The answer appears to be no in all cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom