• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From Gary Slider at handgunlaw.us:
    No Reciprocity Between SC and Idaho Enhanced Permit!!!!
    I just heard from the State of Idaho and South Carolina has not returned a signed agreement for South Carolina and the Idaho Enhanced Permit. Idaho told me they have sent two draft agreements to South Carolina with no response. The Idaho State Police have been instructed to remove their reference that South Carolina honors the Idaho Enhanced. South Carolina has always been very slow at responding to every state that has contacted them from all that I hear.

There could be reciprocity for SC/Idaho Enhanced in the future but not at this moment. Do be aware that the NRA and It looks to me like Legal Heat (From their Facebook Page) are reporting that South Carolina Honors the Idaho Enhanced. NO AGREEMENT EXISTS AT THIS TIME!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I really scratch my head with regard to SC. They are really behind the rest of the South in regards to carry rights(no OC, will only honor resident permits, no non-resident permits w/O owning real property).

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I really scratch my head with regard to SC. They are really behind the rest of the South in regards to carry rights(no OC, will only honor resident permits, no non-resident permits w/O owning real property).

Carryover from Jim Crow laws?

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I recently moved to S.C. and things are.. well.. a little slower down here.. lol.. The resident permit is fairly easy to get though..

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Carryover from Jim Crow laws?

Probably not Jim Crow, but nontheless annoying and certainly behind the times. With regards to not recognizing non-resident reciprocal permits, this could be because the legislature wanted to keep its own residents from carrying on another's permit. Of course, an easy solution would be to simply write into the law that residents of SC cannot carry on a FL permit for example. With the combination of these laws, residents of 20 plus states are reduced to glove box carry in SC.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Probably not Jim Crow, but nontheless annoying and certainly behind the times. With regards to not recognizing non-resident reciprocal permits, this could be because the legislature wanted to keep its own residents from carrying on another's permit. Of course, an easy solution would be to simply write into the law that residents of SC cannot carry on a FL permit for example. With the combination of these laws, residents of 20 plus states are reduced to glove box carry in SC.

I was referring to the property ownership requirement (for non resident permits).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom