• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Went into Angler's in Annapolis today to buy some Goex black powder.
    They told me "Nobody purchased any black powder for months so when the time came to renew our permit we decided not to!"
    I purchased some black powder there just a few months ago. I must have been the only one for crying out loud! Now I and everyone else in the area have no place to go for real black powder. I'm sure the gun grabbers are happy. Shame on us all and shame on Angler's! I will never go there again for anything.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Can you blame them, if you were literally their only customer for it? :shrug:

I can't be the only one in Maryland that shoots black powder guns. We had a great source for real Goex black powder, but not anymore. Now I have no idea where I can go to get real black powder without driving for hours and that just plain sucks.:sad20:

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    Went into Angler's in Annapolis today to buy some Goex black powder.
    They told me "Nobody purchased any black powder for months so when the time came to renew our permit we decided not to!"
    I purchased some black powder there just a few months ago. I must have been the only one for crying out loud! Now I and everyone else in the area have no place to go for real black powder. I'm sure the gun grabbers are happy. Shame on us all and shame on Angler's! I will never go there again for anything.

Why will you not go there again? If their market for black powder has dwindled to the point of no profit in it, why should they devote shelf space to it? or pay the fee for the permit? (oh yeah - there is always a fee). I'm sure that you will find a source for quality black powder somewhere. Don't blame Anglers, they are doing what they have to do to stay in business.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Why will you not go there again? If their market for black powder has dwindled to the point of no profit in it, why should they devote shelf space to it? or pay the fee for the permit? (oh yeah - there is always a fee). I'm sure that you will find a source for quality black powder somewhere. Don't blame Anglers, they are doing what they have to do to stay in business.

They still have substitutes but that stuff just doesn't work for me.
    If I knew they didn't sell any of the real stuff to anyone but me I would have gone there a lot more often and purchased a lot more. Cannons can eat a lot of powder. Oh well guess it's too late now.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I just bought some Goex FFg in January from them. I must have gotten one of the last few they had.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I just bought some Goex FFg in January from them. I must have gotten one of the last few they had.

Great, so they lied to me because I purchased some at around the same time. And isn't black powder largely a seasonal item that sells more when black powder hunting season comes around? I think it's a bad business decision for them to stop selling it just because sales can be slow during certain times of the year.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most gun stores don't sell real black. If you avoid Anglers over that , you'll have to avoid a whole lotta stores.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Anglers charged $100+ for handgun transfers because "we don't want to do it". They quit carrying handguns because " we don't want the hassle". There's not much in that store I need anymore...unless I'm looking for some overpriced Under Armour or Baretta clothing.
    I live a few miles from Anglers but shop at Clydes.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Anglers charged $100+ for handgun transfers because "we don't want to do it". They quit carrying handguns because " we don't want the hassle".

...and when they are just about to go under, they'll ask themselves "why doesn't anyone come here anymore?"

There is a thing call synergy.

I know a small gas station/convenience store owner that stopped selling milk. He lost a lot of business, because people chose to stop at other nearby places. The milk wasn't a big profit center for him, but not having it drove customers to stop at other places, instead. And people who stopped in for milk were probably picking up a few other things, while they were there.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    If I recall correctly, They also sold all their smokeless stuff awhile back....reduced the price to clear it out.....have not been in there for months......don't know if they re-stocked or not..but my guess is they are trying to reduce their Firearm stock completely...
    It is a big hassle for them I guess.......

R

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Can't fault a store if they drop a product that doesn't pay its keep for space on the shelf.

If you were browsing shelves, you'd never know they carried it. They kept it in back. You had to ask the right person.

Few things are worth keeping in inventory if you neglect to let people know you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom