• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings,

I can't find any CCI large or small rifle primers. The Gun Connection, MidwayUSA and Graf & Sons are sold out. I called a couple local FFL dealers and they're out. The Sportsman's Warehouse is out and Cabelas isn't selling online. I guess I'll check the notify me box on MidwayUSA. Does anyone know where I can get come CCI primers?

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    primers

When I was last in Continental Arms in Timonium (about a week ago) they had both large and small pistol primers, but you are going to have to look long and hard to find a specific brand like CCI.
    I would recommend lowering your standards and taking anything you can get.
    I have used S&B, Tula, Remington, CCI and Winchester primers and for the life of me, can't tell the difference. I suppose if I were to shoot from a rest I might, but I shoot off hand at 7-25 yds.
    DocAitch

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I used to run CCI #41 exclusively for my .223's, but I've found Wolf (of all people) to be a great 2nd option. And cheaper than CCI to boot.

*BTW - I'm using Lee equipment, and have had 0 issues using Wolf primers.

jusaduffr

Jan 15, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    Trop in Elizabethtown, PA had at least 10 bricks each of CCI SPP and SRP at 12:00 today . They also had 100rd AE223 for 49.99, but only two boxes were left.

Last edited:

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I used to run CCI #41 exclusively for my .223's, but I've found Wolf (of all people) to be a great 2nd option. And cheaper than CCI to boot.

*BTW - I'm using Lee equipment, and have had 0 issues using Wolf primers.

I'll second this. I use Wolf primers for everything, and at $18/1000 the price can't be beat.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Good to know. Always been leery of these and have never used Wolf, and not really sure why other than assuming that the quality might be suspect. It's certainly a good time to have more options!

Honestly, if DocAitch hadn't have spoken well of them previously. I likely would've stuck with the #41's. They feed/seat better than the CCI's (400's and #41's) thru my Pro1000.

I'm using them in .223/5.56 and 300BLK loads and haven't had a single complaint. Hell, they even seem to leave the primer pockets a touch cleaner than the CCI's, IMO.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This isn't exactly news - there has been a shortage on primers for quite a while, and everything currently in production is going first to ammo manufacturers.

Hopefully with the Federal AWB being DOA, panic buying will slow and we'll see primer availability increase.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Primers come available from time to time. But you have to be quick and order right away.

I have gotten CCI LRP, LPP, SRP in last month or so.

wasntme

Jun 10, 2012
    their out there just have to keep looking, trop is a great place to visit on the weekend you just have to get there early. I just recently picked up another 3000 small rifle primers up there ......like I said get there early on saturdays!!

brysongw

Feb 3, 2013
    Elkton, MD
    You might try X Ring Supply in Newark DE. I have been able to get some Small and Large CCI primers there over the past month or so. Powder is a different story.

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Several of the dealers at the Frederick Fairgrounds Silverado show still had primers as of close of the show saturday.

Some for fair prices, some not so fair, but they're available.

corelokt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 13, 2010
    parkville
    I found primers, powder and brass today at Baltimore Co. game & fish gun show today. Paid 40 dollars for 1000 cci large rifle primers( he had benchrest for 60 bucks), I also got 1lb of 4831 powder for $28 and bought some .308 resized and primed brass. While I was there I saw a all white(or 90% white) deer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom