• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Exactly what Mawkie's Dad told me this evening. Just have to step back and see the bigger picture. But while I can come to grips with it, it doesn't mean I have to like it! ;) I can only hope I'll come to have a good belly laugh w. 101combatvet about it down the road. :lol2:

I'll buy the first round..... but no crying in your beer. :lol:

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I assume you paid for this with a credit card? Then I would dispute the charge and offer to return the item for not being as advertised. I think they will see it your way then. By choice or maybe not so much but they can have their gun back and you get your money back. Worth a shot.

I like that idea! :thumbsup:

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    That really sucks, but at least you got something else out of the auction. It's a good reminder to be careful though. I have been lucky with my online transactions so far, but there are always going to be some risks I guess.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    She's found a new home with another fine MDS member. I'm crossing my fingers that Bubba didn't screw with the inherent accuracy of the M27. It just might turn out to be one very good shooting Finn mutt.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    You have every right to be pissed. Contact the auction house and tell them their deception caused you to buy this rifle. Advise them you will returning it and will take a refund. If they balk, insure you have screenshots of the auction. Call and dispute with your credit card. Additionally, file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office for the state the auction house is based out of. These types of deceptive practices are generally against the law.

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    What a lousy experience. By the way, I tried to look up who regulates auctioneers in Nebraska, and would you believe the State doesn't require licensure. I guess that means anyone can say they're an auctioneer in Nebraska.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Is there any way to leave feedback like on other auction sites like Ebay/Gunbroker? I'd blast them since it was a chop that was outright hidden.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    She's found a new home with another fine MDS member. I'm crossing my fingers that Bubba didn't screw with the inherent accuracy of the M27. It just might turn out to be one very good shooting Finn mutt.

Glad to hear you cut your losses...

Best of luck to picking up a decent one.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Is there any way to leave feedback like on other auction sites like Ebay/Gunbroker? I'd blast them since it was a chop that was outright hidden.

Unfortunately no. Auction houses operate so much on trust and reputation that if you lose those you can kiss your customers goodbye. And it's not just buyers impacted. As a consignor, why would I trust them to treat me fairly when selling my items if they're OK defrauding bidders? Bad form and bad business practice.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The Bubba'd Finn is at home with me. I will do my best to restore her dignity.

She's cleaned, the hack job on the nose-cap is being addressed as we speak. Thankfully whoever cut the barrel down did a rather decent job doing so, has a nice crown on it.

The trigger had been replaced, so that's going to get worked on as well.

Aside from that, it's really a beautiful M27. Pity that Bubba got ahold of it.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Brad,
    It was a pleasure to meet you! I'm certain you'll manage to polish this rough piece of coal into something resembling a diamond.
    I mentioned the possibility of modifying the front band assm. using Mauser bits to resemble a Polish WZ91-98. Here's a photo showing you what I was thinking of...

Attachments

• Polish-wz91-98-Right.jpg
      Polish-wz91-98-Right.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 181

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Was a pleasure meeting you to mawkie.

I already did some light work to the nose-cap, not 100% there yet, but about 60% there.

Like the look of the Mauser band, a good backup plan if my first plan doesn't pan out.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    So what auction house was it? Please don't hold back!

I would send it right back to them. You can bet I would spend considerable time making their life hell for that. You can not tell everything by pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom