• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I broke one of my cardinal rules when placing a proxy bid for a Finn M27 at a live auction. Never bid w.o. a complete set of photos. I thought I'd be OK 'cause who would ever screw with a near perfect M27? The first photo shows how the auction house pulled a fast one by cropping the photo and how I got snookered. If the auctioneer was in front of me right now I'm not sure how ugly it would get. Rarely have I encountered deception like this. P*ssed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. But I'm a big boy and ultimately it was my bad call that got me here.
    For those with cardiac conditions I say look away now, I don't want to be responsible for your ambulance ride. It's damned ugly.:mad54:
    It makes me angry that someone would ruin a near perfect, matching M27. I encourage anyone to make me an offer to take it off my hands. I just don't want to look at this thing. Hell it might even be a good shooter, but I'll never pull the trigger on it.

Attachments

• 158.jpg
      158.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 871
    • IMGP6622.JPG
      IMGP6622.JPG
      66.1 KB · Views: 854
    • IMGP6623.JPG
      IMGP6623.JPG
      19.6 KB · Views: 855
    • IMGP6621.JPG
      IMGP6621.JPG
      42 KB · Views: 851

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I would be SOOO pissed! It's not like they showed what was going on with the piece and you missed it. That's down-right crooked deception. I'd have been on the phone with them within 10 minutes of opening the package.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Paratrooper?

I think it looks........interesting. As a range toy it'd be cool, but as a collectible I feel your pain. Sorry for your loss. Hope you didn't pay too much.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Your, "gun" came up 4"-5" short?? Story of my life.... :innocent0 :D

Sorry about your luck, sir. I'd be more angry with myself, but I know you are.
    You still have plenty of good parts there.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    "Do you know what the advantage to loosing is?.... you learn from your mistakes" - Megamind.

That sucks! I'd be pissed too!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    That is horrible. I would raise a big fuss if you can, it's quite obvious that it was modified, that should have been disclosed. I would not give them a pass on this.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll give you $150, and a beer to catch your tears. :D

Kidding aside, I can only imagine the level of disappointment and frustration you've got to be feeling over this.

You always seem to find some great stuff, and this is one time where it didn't work out for you.

If you can't get it resolved somehow, then my initial offer stands.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    aw mawkie, that's too bad. Go after resolution for sure, but also think about it this way: compared with the great deals you've found on so many other terrific finds, in the overall this bad deal becomes less of an issue.

;)

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    Ok, I've a dumb newb question on this. I've a '55 M44 which I thoroughly enjoy firing at the range. That being said, I'm not the Mosin expert you guys are, so unless I had the Internet handy I wouldn't know a Finn from a Tula from an Ishv-aww frack it, however it's spelled. Clearly, the rifle you bid on had value in its original form, so what would be the purpose for modifying the end like they did??? It's not like a sporterized conversion for hunting...looks almost like someone tried to turn it into a vizmod Enfield.

Anyways, just curious on the potential reason for the hack...maybe you can unload it on someone else to at least make back some money?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks for the support gentlemen. The big downside to an auction is that when the hammer drops it's yours. No going back to cry foul. In retrospect I've been lucky that with all the auction houses I've dealt with over 3 decades this is one of only three that were dishonest. The vast majority run their businesses with integrity. And I'm glad that Drucifer did so well from this same auction. Would hate to see anyone else get clipped.
    BTW, don't want to forget to let everyone know just who the crap weasels were: YAP Auction of Grand Island NE. Caveat emptor!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Ok, I've a dumb newb question on this. I've a '55 M44 which I thoroughly enjoy firing at the range. That being said, I'm not the Mosin expert you guys are, so unless I had the Internet handy I wouldn't know a Finn from a Tula from an Ishv-aww frack it, however it's spelled. Clearly, the rifle you bid on had value in its original form, so what would be the purpose for modifying the end like they did??? It's not like a sporterized conversion for hunting...looks almost like someone tried to turn it into a vizmod Enfield.

Anyways, just curious on the potential reason for the hack...maybe you can unload it on someone else to at least make back some money?

Boy there's the $64,000 question! WFT! Why would someone do this? And the mod looks recent. It's not like someone picked up this M27 back in the 90s when they sold for much less than today. Somebody needs to be placed on some powerful medication.
    It's going to find a new home with someone who won't pay nearly what I did for it and hopefully will make happier memories for them than it has for me.

Drucifer

Feb 15, 2010
    Catonsville, MD
    Aw man, that sucks! What a bummer. You gotta wonder how they can take deceptive pictures and then claim "As-is, where-is. All Sales Final. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor"

Coupled with how long it took to receive our packages, I won't be bidding with this auction house again.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    aw mawkie, that's too bad. Go after resolution for sure, but also think about it this way: compared with the great deals you've found on so many other terrific finds, in the overall this bad deal becomes less of an issue.

;)

Exactly what Mawkie's Dad told me this evening. Just have to step back and see the bigger picture. But while I can come to grips with it, it doesn't mean I have to like it! ;) I can only hope I'll come to have a good belly laugh w. 101combatvet about it down the road. :lol2:

Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    Did you pay with a cc?

I assume you paid for this with a credit card? Then I would dispute the charge and offer to return the item for not being as advertised. I think they will see it your way then. By choice or maybe not so much but they can have their gun back and you get your money back. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom