• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Do I need an attitude adjustment?

Yesterday at the range I shot four handguns.

Had my ears plugged and muffed - loud magnum cannons going off left and right of me.

I could barely hear my Ruger Mark III Target - kind of a Pssst

Quickly went to 38 special followed by 45ACP both of which provided welcome sound and recoil. Good time at last.

So, anyone else give up on shooting 22LR at a range.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    Funny, I feel the same way. I love shooting various 38, 357 and 45 reloads at the range but really want to plink with the 22lr / 22wmr outside. Would love to take out a speed camera.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Since I started shooting steel with 22lr...I don't punch paper very much anymore.

Steel definitely the way to go - unfortunately I don't have MD access - but I do at least get to shoot cans, jugs, steel four times a year in Kentucky.

I am a little old fart but I still prefer high caliber recoil and sound for handguns.

Nothing like hitting a steel target with my 460 Magnum and taking out a deer for family cookout.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Do I need an attitude adjustment?

Yesterday at the range I shot four handguns.

Had my ears plugged and muffed - loud magnum cannons going off left and right of me.

I could barely hear my Ruger Mark III Target - kind of a Pssst

Quickly went to 38 special followed by 45ACP both of which provided welcome sound and recoil. Good time at last.

So, anyone else give up on shooting 22LR at a range.

Kel - Tec PMR 30 is the solution to your problems.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I use .22lr so I don't need to shoot 500 rnds of other rounds...

Range trip
    20 rnds of 223
    50 rnds of 9mm
    50 rnds of 45
    10 rnds of 308
    300 rnds of .22lr in a pistol and rifle

Saves money, fun as heck to just keep pulling trigger, although when dude next to me whips out a 223 or pistol calibers I get jealous and wish I brought more 223 :D:D:D

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Nothing quite like shooting an old .22 revolver one stall down from a 20 round capacity .308 battle rifle with a muzzle brake at an indoor range. I had to wait for the guy to fill his magazines before I even wanted to squeeze off any rounds. I wish that place didn't change it's backstop to allow rifles.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Shot my m&p45 and my sp22m3 today. They were both fun. They both knock the center out of a target, but the 45 does it in one shot. The 22 is like those "cut the star out with the bb gun" booths at the fair. It's also fun to see how much brass you can have in the air at the same time while keeping all shots on target.

Like anything else in shooting, you've got to push yourself for it to stay interesting. If you're just doing slowfire on paper at 7 yds, it'll get boring quick. Move the target out farther, shoot faster, add more movement while shooting, and add various shooting positions until you're challenged again.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    When I had a Harley, at a red light, I pulled up next to a small Honda to say hi. The first words out of the guys mouth were, "it's my wife's bike. I have a Harley at home."

If you're having a good time shooting a .22, I don't see why adjacent activity would influence you.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    When I had a Harley, at a red light, I pulled up next to a small Honda to say hi. The first words out of the guys mouth were, "it's my wife's bike. I have a Harley at home."

If you're having a good time shooting a .22, I don't see why adjacent activity would influence you.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom