• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HPBT

Oct 15, 2020
    De.
    Gonna have metal detectors and troopers at all gates.Retired law inforcement with a 218 permit cant carry.If they catch you with something they think you shouldnt have they keep it.Got a email from dssa but cant figure out how to post it here.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    what a feel-good useless POS policy. bad guys surely ain't gonna follow those rules, and good guys will be left defenseless.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Crappy title, and crappy post

Seems the 'harrington fair' is the Delaware State Fair, and the dasa is the Delaware State Sportsman's Association

I've no idea what a 218 permit is

Klaatu barada nikto
    https://dsp.delaware.gov/retired-dsp/ - DE LEOSA

The best way to show your support for these "changes" is to do something other than go to the DE State Fair and hang with the amish Yutes.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    well, here's one Delaware redneck that wont be going to the fair
    In the past, I've only been from open to the early afternoon. I have been to the races independent of the fair in the evening.

This year there is really just one night to avoid. The celebration of urban decay in SODEL. What will they think of next? :shrug:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    hmmm i don't remember the last time i went to the harrrrrinton fair. it was always too crowded. but, somtimes, you go just because the other kids and relatives are going.

maybe the late 70's?

for those that go, good luck, be safe. enjoy

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    If they were putting up a useless sign without the detectors and DSP you would have a point.

But…
    I agree. I am ok with gun free zones, as long as there is a system in place to prevent guns. I am not ok with a no gun zone sign and the honor system. That said I will be boycotting the DE State Fair this year.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    On the peninsula, we all call it "The Harrington Fair", chickennekkers. The title was fine.
    How about it, same as those around here that call anywhere over the bridge Baltimore.
    Delaware man don’t care about no chicken necker thread title anyway , evidently.
    Poor guy prolly going to have to go round peekin at clothing to see who’s carrying all day when he’s on his way to the long green line from here on out for- eva.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I agree. I am ok with gun free zones, as long as there is a system in place to prevent guns. I am not ok with a no gun zone sign and the honor system. That said I will be boycotting the DE State Fair this year.
    eh, if someone wants to get a gun in, they'll get a gun in. could be as simple as tossing it over a gate or wall or open window etc. certainly having restricted access and/or detectors etc will make it harder.

the prob is, while you're presumably safe inside, as you walk to your car afterwards with all your goodies, you are def not protected.

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    The place is surrounded by 3 or 4 miles of chain link fence (except for the parking lot), and there are 3 entrances I believe...in the past there was a hole in the back fence where you could walk in; I'm sure they don't check all the maint. vehicles, trolleys, food trucks, Carney vehicles and rides, the race track/horse barns etc. etc. and when it gets dark toss it over the fence or cut a hole- would be easy to get something in. yes, boycott.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom