BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    ngWTDjy.jpg

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    At what point do we come to the realization that our rights have been infringed?

If our rights were a cake, how many pieces would have to be sliced out of it before we realize it's not a whole cake anymore? Do we have to wait till it's completely gone?

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    At what point do we come to the realization that our rights have been infringed?

If our rights were a cake, how many pieces would have to be sliced out of it before we realize it's not a whole cake anymore? Do we have to wait till it's completely gone?

up until now things were looking up. We had a decent shot at Shall Issue via the courts. MD's 20 round mag limit was silly but that could be addressed later.

But now, if SB 281 is passed we will be at the point where something needs to be done.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    up until now things were looking up. We had a decent shot at Shall Issue via the courts. MD's 20 round mag limit was silly but that could be addressed later.

But now, if SB 281 is passed we will be at the point where something needs to be done.

Shall issue has not been lost. The US Circuit could care less about MD law, they care about upholding the Constitution of the United States.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    Shall issue has not been lost. The US Circuit could care less about MD law, they care about upholding the Constitution of the United States.

agreed, my point was that we were advancing, now, not so much. Yes we may get shall issue CCW but we will lose many of the firearms we often purchase, be fingerprinted like criminals and be forced to be LICENSED TO EXERCISE OUR RIGHTS.

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I reposted this on Facebook. Its legitimacy is being called into question. Does anyone know if there is any substantiation to the claim that he said this?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    "A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I completely understand that the founding fathers made comments like the one in the graphic. I was looking for some other source that attributed that exact quote to George Washington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom