Night Oct. 19th...Anyone else up to their ears.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    .........in dirty patches and reeking of Break Free and lube right now?
    And I only have 3 guns to clean I can't even imagine how long it's going to take some of you mobile armory folks!
    Moping.gif

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I ain't even touching them until after the 30th. My wife will be away for a whil, I can detail clean them and keep myself busy while she's gone.

Plus I have an AR that needs a minor rebuild too!

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I ain't even touching them until after the 30th. My wife will be away for a whil, I can detail clean them and keep myself busy while she's gone.

Plus I have an AR that needs a minor rebuild too!

Dude, you have like a WEEK's worth of cleaning and repairing to do.

Ah....Breakfree.......the scent women can't resist.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Cleaning is the fun part! :) The whole "trying not to get your cigar ash in the solvent game" while drinking a cold beer and watching football in the garage = good stuff. :D

How'd you like your new .22? Didn't get a chance to talk to you at the shoot.

Scrub away!!!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    haha alucard probably isnt even back home yet. poor guy. well...at least he can scrub up the arsenal tomorrow while he's working. i think they'd frown on it if i tried the same. at least i got the cz52, mosin and p99 scrubbed. i'll get the 22's later tomorrow while waiting for the cable guy to come turn on my cable

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    .........in dirty patches and reeking of Break Free and lube right now?
    And I only have 3 guns to clean I can't even imagine how long it's going to take some of you mobile armory folks!
    Moping.gif

Just running a patch through 3 barrels tonight. In depth cleaning can wait til another night when full feeling returns to my hands. Many here only will clean stuff that's shot corrosive ammo on the night after a shoot.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Cleaning is the fun part! :) The whole "trying not to get your cigar ash in the solvent game" while drinking a cold beer and watching football in the garage = good stuff. :D

How'd you like your new .22? Didn't get a chance to talk to you at the shoot.

Scrub away!!!

I........LIKE it!!!! I totally see the appeal in the zen like aura while controling breathing and scoping the target. Very cool stuff. And the Savage came thru as out of the box accurate after it got zero'd.

As for cigar ash, no problem here. It's more a problem of not getting dog hair stuck to a freshly oiled gun........

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    haha alucard probably isnt even back home yet. poor guy. well...at least he can scrub up the arsenal tomorrow while he's working. i think they'd frown on it if i tried the same. at least i got the cz52, mosin and p99 scrubbed. i'll get the 22's later tomorrow while waiting for the cable guy to come turn on my cable

Got home a little bit ago, sat in the parking lot that was 83NB for about 1/2 hour without moving, so took a little longer than expected. I don't even want to think about cleaning guns now, but little by little over the next few days, they'll get done, then the real fun begins......reloading a couple thousand rounds:shocked4:

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Heather, you think dog hair is bad? Try a longhair cat with a curious streak a mile wide and an affinity for the bathtub when you're trying to clean the barrel of a rifle that's been throwing corrosive ammo all day!

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm just gonna wipe my stuff down with a heavy dose of CLP and clean em over time, I'll probably be cleaning till at least Christmas or so.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    only shot the AR, and I'll clean that later :)

It'd be nice if we were all local (to DelmarVa)....we could have a group cleaning/beer drinking/football watching fest afterwards. I always feel bad for the generous guys that bring 47 guns for other people to shoot...then they have to go home and clean them all themselves. but I do appreciate it :thumbsup:

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Got mine all finished up tonight. Of course I only had seven to clean and none of them got more than a few hundred rounds through them.

My heart goes out to Chad and that 9mm M16 with over a thousand... BIG thanks again for letting us all give it a go man! You are a true ambassador for the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom