• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Today I installed the Ghost "Rocket" 3.5# connector on my G34. It is so far the best upgrade I've done yet on my Glock. It works by adding a little tab to the connector that limits the overtravel. By limiting the overtravel it also makes the reset exceptionally short ( really as short/long as you want it to be via fitting). It's fairly easy to install, but requires fitting by grinding the tab down until the trigger will release the striker. As it comes, the trigger pull is limited so much that it can't go back far enough to release the striker. As you slowly grind the tab back the trigger is allowed to move a bit further. It took me about 6 times of pulling the connector out and grinding a hair off each time. When I got it just short enough to fire the gun, the ultra short reset was too quick and could be reset upon recoil. So I took the connector out and filed just a bit more off of the tab until the reset was long enough to be safe. It's quite nice and is as close to a single action trigger as I've felt on a glock.

The pictures below show the difference between a stock connector and the Ghost Rocket.
    The next photo shows how the tab limits travel.
    The final photo shows all of the tools used to do the install. The orange plate is shorter than a stock back plate and allows you to trip the striker if you are unable to pull the trigger far enough.

-Jim

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600242.448290.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600242.448290.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 744
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600252.610104.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600252.610104.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 756
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600263.373369.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336600263.373369.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 747

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Nice. Now add a Wolff Competition Spring Kit and you'll really be pleased.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the mod.
    My only concern; and forgive me - this is years of working with mechanical engineers kicking in - if you had to mill away fractions of a millimeter to get a clean reset without the recoil inducing it, I would be leery of what happens with that hair's breath tolerance when the metal gets warm and expands. The metal appears fairly thin and it wouldn't take much heat for it to soak.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. Now add a Wolff Competition Spring Kit and you'll really be pleased.

I did the Ghost rocket/Wolff comp spring upgrade on my 17 and it feels much lighter, but a little mushy. After shooting my 26 and 19 with factory stock triggers the Wolff/Ghost trigger feels dangerously light. I like it a lot but I don't think I would do it on my carry Glocks.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the mod.
    My only concern; and forgive me - this is years of working with mechanical engineers kicking in - if you had to mill away fractions of a millimeter to get a clean reset without the recoil inducing it, I would be leery of what happens with that hair's breath tolerance when the metal gets warm and expands. The metal appears fairly thin and it wouldn't take much heat for it to soak.

Certainly something to think about. Stainless steel has about 8 micro inches of expansion per inch of material per degree Fahrenheit. If the maximum temperature change is 100 degrees ( probably far less) that will give me an approximate expansion of 8 tenths or 0.0008" and since the material is not an inch wide it's probably around 4 tenths in actual expansion, so probably not a big issue, but good thinking on your part for tight tolerance parts.

I don't have a comp spring set yet, but I'm not sure I want a lighter pull. It's around 5 pounds and that's about as low as I'm interested in taking it. I'm very satisfied.

My "carry" glock 19 will stay stock. I've trained on that trigger and am very comfortable with it. This mod is for my range / comp gun. The tactical version of the Ghost connector might be a good option though for a carry gun.

With any luck the quotes around carry above will eventually go away once we Marylanders are restored our rights.

-Jim

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    Certainly something to think about. Stainless steel has about 8 micro inches of expansion per inch of material per degree Fahrenheit. If the maximum temperature change is 100 degrees ( probably far less) that will give me an approximate expansion of 8 tenths or 0.0008" and since the material is not an inch wide it's probably around 4 tenths in actual expansion, so probably not a big issue, but good thinking on your part for tight tolerance parts.

I don't have a comp spring set yet, but I'm not sure I want a lighter pull. It's around 5 pounds and that's about as low as I'm interested in taking it. I'm very satisfied.

My "carry" glock 19 will stay stock. I've trained on that trigger and am very comfortable with it. This mod is for my range / comp gun. The tactical version of the Ghost connector might be a good option though for a carry gun.

With any luck the quotes around carry above will eventually go away once we Marylanders are restored our rights.

-Jim

I run the Ghost 5.0 Tactical connector in my G19. I didn't notice a huge change in pull weight but the reset is much shorter. I've run a couple thousand rounds through it, including many mag dumps, and it's performed flawlessly.

I liked it well enough that I bought the Rocket 3.5 for my G35. Again there's not a huge difference in pull weight since the G35 ships with a 3.5# connector. I did play with the spring kit and it does indeed reduce the pull weight. But ultimately I decided I didn't like the feel of the reset (not as positive and crisp), so I went back to the stock springs. I also had problems with some light primer strikes when using the reduced power striker spring.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I did the Ghost rocket/Wolff comp spring upgrade on my 17 and it feels much lighter, but a little mushy. After shooting my 26 and 19 with factory stock triggers the Wolff/Ghost trigger feels dangerously light. I like it a lot but I don't think I would do it on my carry Glocks.
    I have a Ghost Standard 3.5lb connector and Wolff Competition Spring Kit in my OD G34. It definitely lightens up the trigger a lot. And I agree, I wouldnt have this combo in a defensive gun. But in my G34, which I use strictly for the range, I like the combo a lot. The reset is great and the break is light and relatively clean.

I leave my G21SF that I use for HD stock. And the only change I made to my FDE G19 was the addition of a polished factory Glock "-" 4.5lb connector, just because I had one laying around.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I have the Ghost in both of my Glocks and my SR9. On my Glocks, I replaced the trigger spring with a heavier one, as it helps to pull the trigger back, and I am indeed getting 3.5# of pull.

Polish up and radius your trigger safety plunger, and the trigger pull will go beyond smooth.

MH

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I just installed a competition spring kit on my G34. When I pulled the trigger for the first time I shouted WOW! With the Ghost 3.5# connector, a 6# trigger spring, a 4# striker spring, and a lightened striker safety spring, the trigger is smoother than I though possible on a Glock.

I don't have a trigger scale, but I'd be shocked if it's heavier than 3#'s. The trigger feels almost like a 1911!

-Jim

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I just installed a competition spring kit on my G34. When I pulled the trigger for the first time I shouted WOW! With the Ghost 3.5# connector, a 6# trigger spring, a 4# striker spring, and a lightened striker safety spring, the trigger is smoother than I though possible on a Glock.

I don't have a trigger scale, but I'd be shocked if it's heavier than 3#'s. The trigger feels almost like a 1911!

-Jim

Hate to say "I told you so."........ BUT, I told you so! Sorry, had to do it, lol.

I haven't tested mine with a trigger pull scale yet, but I do agree. I don't think it could be more than 3lbs.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008

-Jim

Not just Wow, but

shamwow.jpg

SHAMWOW!

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I posted it earlier, but take out the striker safety plunger, polish it all around, and round the bottom portion to a ball. Be careful not to change the OAL of the plunger. Also polish the point on the trigger bar that contacts the plunger. Made quite a difference on my 21.

MH

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I posted it earlier, but take out the striker safety plunger, polish it all around, and round the bottom portion to a ball. Be careful not to change the OAL of the plunger. Also polish the point on the trigger bar that contacts the plunger. Made quite a difference on my 21.

MH
    Good suggestions. I haven't profiled the bottom of the plunger yet, but I have polished the trigger bar, plunger face, and the walls of the plunger when I did the $0.25 trigger job. It did make the motion of the plunger much smoother. It really is surprising just how much smoother one can make a glock trigger with virtually no "gunsmith ninja ski11z".

-Jim

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I installed Warren-Sevigny sights and took the G34 over to on target tonight. Wow, what a change from the way the gun was when I first bought it. The light trigger and the vastly improved sights tightened up my groups considerably. I shot from a rest to check sight alignment and made one ragged hole with my 3 shot groups at 25 feet. It was nice brining the target back and having to assume that all of the bullet's went in the same place since it's just one slightly large hole.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338587704.415433.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338587704.415433.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 284

Staub1976

Jun 1, 2012
    NJ
    Kingjamez said:
    Today I installed the Ghost "Rocket" 3.5# connector on my G34. It is so far the best upgrade I've done yet on my Glock. It works by adding a little tab to the connector that limits the overtravel. By limiting the overtravel it also makes the reset exceptionally short ( really as short/long as you want it to be via fitting). It's fairly easy to install, but requires fitting by grinding the tab down until the trigger will release the striker. As it comes, the trigger pull is limited so much that it can't go back far enough to release the striker. As you slowly grind the tab back the trigger is allowed to move a bit further. It took me about 6 times of pulling the connector out and grinding a hair off each time. When I got it just short enough to fire the gun, the ultra short reset was too quick and could be reset upon recoil. So I took the connector out and filed just a bit more off of the tab until the reset was long enough to be safe. It's quite nice and is as close to a single action trigger as I've felt on a glock.

The pictures below show the difference between a stock connector and the Ghost Rocket.
    The next photo shows how the tab limits travel.
    The final photo shows all of the tools used to do the install. The orange plate is shorter than a stock back plate and allows you to trip the striker if you are unable to pull the trigger far enough.

-Jim

Kingjamez,
    Don't know if you know or not, but I just got word from a friend who is a Glock Armorer for my local PD. He told me that they are having problems with some of the Glock where after 2,000.00 rounds the Glock will just go click. This is due to a bad spring, and the township is already in the process of switching to an XD45. Anyway just wanted to pass the word along. Never know when you're going to have to protect yourself or a loved one and you don't want to have a failure to fire.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    No offense Staub1976, but Glocks are well known to be the most reliable handgun ever made. In 3 days, I've put 2500 rounds through a Glock with 30,000+ rounds already through it with zero malfunctions. I have no intention to turn this into a Glock vs. XXX thread. So if you'd like to start a thread on how terrible Glocks are feel free. Just don't do it here.

-Jim

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Kingjamez,
    Don't know if you know or not, but I just got word from a friend who is a Glock Armorer for my local PD. He told me that they are having problems with some of the Glock where after 2,000.00 rounds the Glock will just go click. This is due to a bad spring, and the township is already in the process of switching to an XD45. Anyway just wanted to pass the word along. Never know when you're going to have to protect yourself or a loved one and you don't want to have a failure to fire.

XD's are WAY less reliable than Glocks (Not counting GEN 4). I have never seen a Glcok fail to fiunction because of fouling. XD's, not so much......

I will say that these Glock Spring Kits do make the trigger nice, they most certainly do make the gun less reliable. Light Strikes will almost certinly happen when the gun gets fouled with carbon or brass shavings. I would NEVER suggest one for ANY Home Defense/Carry Gun, but they are fine for Paper Punching/Competition.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I will say that these Glock Spring Kits do make the trigger nice, they most certainly do make the gun less reliable. Light Strikes will almost certinly happen when the gun gets fouled with carbon or brass shavings. I would NEVER suggest one for ANY Home Defense/Carry Gun, but they are fine for Paper Punching/Competition.

Absolutely right. You can't lighten up the trigger this much without compromising something. I can afford to clean this gun every time I get back from a match in order to ensure reliability. However, for my self defense gun I want it to work, and work under the adverse conditions that Glocks are known to excell at operating in.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom