• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't think NH was that popular, at least for Marylanders until three things happened

1. PA stopped honoring NR permits from the popular states many of us had, ie FL, UT, AZ, MS and VA
    2. The NH SC court voided the NH NR requirement for a home state permit.
    3. The NH reciprocity agreement with PA did not prohibit NH NR permits from carrying in PA.

wouldn't surprise me to see processing times go up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't think NH was that popular, at least for Marylanders until three things happened

1. PA stopped honoring NR permits from the popular states many of us had, ie FL, UT, AZ, MS and VA
    2. The NH SC court voided the NH requirement for a home state permit.
    3. The NH reciprocity agreement with NH did not prohibit NH NR permits from carrying in PA.

wouldn't surprise me to see processing times go up.

Number 2 was a BIG thing, as if you had an MD permit, you could get a PA non-res, and not need the NH.

If they are running 30 days, mine should show up late this week, early next week. :D

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Well guys, I'm headed to PA tomorrow and will be able to again enjoy my Constitutional Right. Given the political climate I consider myself very lucky as once we loose a Right it's damn hard to regain. I can't wait to exit Maryland, enter PA and immediately pull over into the Welcome/Rest area on my way to and through Breezewood. I'm sure the air will smell a little sweeter.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I know that it is not needed, but the Non-resident application still states " A non-resident pistol license will not be issued until you supply: A copy (front and back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county or town in which you reside."

Is there a different application form that does not have this wording?

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I know that it is not needed, but the Non-resident application still states " A non-resident pistol license will not be issued until you supply: A copy (front and back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county or town in which you reside."

Is there a different application form that does not have this wording?

According to NH police, it is OK to use the old form. There are those here that have already received their permits. They just haven't updated the form yet.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    According to NH police, it is OK to use the old form. There are those here that have already received their permits. They just haven't updated the form yet.

Thanks POP, I was hoping that was true. I am now sprinting to the mailbox to mail my application.....

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks POP, I was hoping that was true. I am now sprinting to the mailbox to mail my application.....

Using the old application (just put N/A in the state license field):

Received yesterday. The post mark was 8/1 so I don't think it was mailed 7/28 as I was told.

Mailed: 6/28
    Check cashed: 7/26
    Received: 8/4

attachment.php

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Hmmm, I wonder if the new PA AG will change the law back to what it was so that Utah Non-resident permit holders can carry again in PA? Wait, I know the answer to this...it will happen after I get my NH license :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom